Sauble Beach: A Hidden Gem in Ontario
Sauble Beach is a small community located on the eastern shore of Lake Huron in Ontario, Canada. It is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, known for its beautiful sandy beach, crystal-clear water, and stunning sunsets. The community is home to a variety of attractions, natural wonders, and festivals that make it a must-visit destination for anyone looking to experience the beauty of Ontario.
Sauble Beach is home to a variety of attractions that are sure to keep visitors entertained. Some of the most popular attractions include:
- Sauble Falls Provincial Park: This park is located just a short drive from Sauble Beach and is home to a beautiful waterfall, hiking trails, and picnic areas.
- Sauble Speedway: This speedway hosts stock car races throughout the summer months and is a popular destination for racing enthusiasts.
- Sauble Beach Fun World: This amusement park features go-karts, mini-golf, bumper boats, and more.
- Sauble Beach Boardwalk: This boardwalk is a great place to take a stroll and enjoy the views of Lake Huron.
Sauble Beach is surrounded by natural wonders that are sure to take your breath away. Some of the most popular natural wonders include:
- Sauble Beach: This beautiful sandy beach stretches for over 11 kilometers and is one of the longest freshwater beaches in the world.
- Bruce Peninsula National Park: This park is located just a short drive from Sauble Beach and is home to stunning cliffs, caves, and crystal-clear water.
- Sauble River: This river is a popular spot for fishing and canoeing.
- Sauble Falls: This beautiful waterfall is located in Sauble Falls Provincial Park and is a must-see for anyone visiting the area.
Sauble Beach is home to a variety of festivals throughout the year. Some of the most popular festivals include:
- Sauble Beach Sandfest: This festival takes place in August and features sandcastle building competitions, live music, and more.
- Sauble Beach Car Show: This car show takes place in July and features classic cars from all over Ontario.
- Sauble Beach Farmers' Market: This farmers' market takes place every Wednesday during the summer months and features local produce, crafts, and more.
Sauble Beach was established in the late 1800s as a logging community. The community was officially incorporated in 1948 and has since become a popular tourist destination. The community was founded by a man named Charles Rankin, who saw the potential for a beach resort in the area.
Sauble Beach is a hidden gem in Ontario that is sure to impress visitors with its beautiful beach, natural wonders, and festivals. Whether you're looking for a relaxing vacation or an action-packed adventure, Sauble Beach has something for everyone.
- Ontario Parks. (n.d.). Sauble Falls Provincial Park. https://www.ontarioparks.com/park/saublefalls
- Sauble Speedway. (n.d.). Home. https://www.saublespeedway.ca/
- Sauble Beach Fun World. (n.d.). Home. https://www.saublebeach.com/funworld/
- Sauble Beach Boardwalk. (n.d.). Home. https://www.saublebeach.com/boardwalk/
- Parks Canada. (n.d.). Bruce Peninsula National Park. https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/on/bruce
- Sauble Beach Sandfest. (n.d.). Home. https://www.saublebeachsandfest.ca/
- Sauble Beach Car Show. (n.d.). Home. https://www.saublebeachcarshow.com/
- Sauble Beach Farmers' Market. (n.d.). Home. https://www.saublebeachfarmersmarket.ca/