Cannington, Ontario: A Hidden Gem for Travel and Tourism
Cannington, Ontario is a small community located in the Durham Region of Ontario, Canada. Despite its small size, Cannington offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders for tourists to explore. From parks and lakes to trails and festivals, Cannington has something for everyone.
One of the most popular attractions in Cannington is the Cannington Dog Sled Races. This annual event takes place in February and attracts visitors from all over the world. The races feature teams of dogs pulling sleds through a course, and visitors can watch the action up close.
Another popular attraction in Cannington is the Cannington Historical Society Museum. This museum features exhibits on the history of the community, including artifacts and photographs from the early days of settlement.
Cannington is home to a number of beautiful parks and lakes. MacLeod Park is a popular spot for picnics and outdoor activities, while Lake Scugog offers opportunities for fishing and boating.
The Beaver River Wetland Conservation Area is another natural wonder in Cannington. This area is home to a variety of wildlife, including beavers, otters, and muskrats. Visitors can explore the wetlands on foot or by canoe.
In addition to the Cannington Dog Sled Races, Cannington is home to a number of other festivals throughout the year. The Cannington Agricultural Fair takes place in August and features livestock shows, a midway, and other attractions. The Cannington Haunted Trail is another popular event, taking place in October and featuring spooky attractions for visitors of all ages.
Cannington was established in the mid-1800s as a small farming community. The community was named after George Cannington, who was one of the first settlers in the area. Cannington was officially incorporated as a village in 1907.
Cannington, Ontario may be a small community, but it offers a wealth of attractions and natural wonders for tourists to explore. From the Cannington Dog Sled Races to the Beaver River Wetland Conservation Area, there is something for everyone in this hidden gem of a community.
- "Cannington Dog Sled Races." Cannington Dog Sled Races, www.canningtondogsledraces.com/.
- "Cannington Historical Society Museum." Cannington Historical Society Museum, www.canningtonhistoricalsociety.ca/.
- "MacLeod Park." Township of Brock, www.townshipofbrock.ca/en/explore-and-play/macleod-park.aspx.
- "Lake Scugog." Township of Scugog, www.scugog.ca/en/explore-and-play/lake-scugog.aspx.
- "Beaver River Wetland Conservation Area." Kawartha Conservation, www.kawarthaconservation.com/beaver-river-wetland-conservation-area.
- "Cannington Agricultural Fair." Cannington Agricultural Fair, www.canningtonfair.ca/.