Peterview: A Hidden Gem in Newfoundland-Labrador
Peterview is a small community located in the central region of Newfoundland-Labrador, Canada. Despite its size, Peterview offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders that make it a must-visit destination for tourists. In this article, we will explore the history of Peterview, its attractions, and what makes it a unique travel destination.
History of Peterview
Peterview was established in the early 1900s as a logging and sawmill community. The community was incorporated in 1966 and has since grown to become a thriving community with a population of approximately 600 people. The community was named after Peter Grant, who was one of the first settlers in the area.
Attractions in Peterview
Peterview is home to a variety of attractions that showcase the natural beauty of the area. Some of the must-visit attractions in Peterview include:
Indian Point Park: This park is located on the shores of Notre Dame Bay and offers stunning views of the water. The park is a popular spot for picnics, hiking, and fishing.
Peterview Marina: The marina is a popular spot for boating enthusiasts and offers access to some of the best fishing in the area.
Peterview Beach: This sandy beach is a great spot for swimming and sunbathing. The beach is also a popular spot for beach volleyball and other beach activities.
Peterview Trailway: This trailway is a 5-kilometer trail that winds through the community and offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
Peterview Festival: The Peterview Festival is an annual event that takes place in August and celebrates the community's history and culture. The festival features live music, food, and a variety of activities for all ages.
Natural Wonders in Peterview
Peterview is home to a variety of natural wonders that are sure to impress visitors. Some of the must-see natural wonders in Peterview include:
Notre Dame Bay: This bay is home to a variety of marine life, including whales, dolphins, and seals. Visitors can take a boat tour to see these animals up close.
Burnt Island: This island is located just off the coast of Peterview and is home to a variety of seabirds, including puffins and gannets.
Exploits River: This river is one of the largest in Newfoundland-Labrador and is a popular spot for fishing and boating.
Peterview may be a small community, but it offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders that make it a must-visit destination for tourists. From its stunning parks and beaches to its rich history and culture, Peterview has something for everyone. So why not plan your next vacation to Peterview and experience all that this hidden gem has to offer?
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism. (n.d.). Peterview. Retrieved from https://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/plan-and-book/attractions/210981
- Town of Peterview. (n.d.). About Peterview. Retrieved from https://townofpeterview.ca/about-peterview/
- Town of Peterview. (n.d.). Attractions. Retrieved from https://townofpeterview.ca/attractions/
- Town of Peterview. (n.d.). Festival. Retrieved from https://townofpeterview.ca/festival/
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism. (n.d.). Notre Dame Bay. Retrieved from https://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/plan-and-book/attractions/210982
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism. (n.d.). Exploits River. Retrieved from https://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/plan-and-book/attractions/210983