Gambo, Newfoundland-Labrador: A Hidden Gem for Nature Lovers
Gambo is a small town located in the central part of Newfoundland-Labrador, Canada. It is a hidden gem for nature lovers, offering a variety of outdoor activities and natural wonders to explore. From hiking trails to fishing spots, Gambo has something for everyone.
- Indian Point Lookout: A scenic lookout point that offers stunning views of the Indian Point coastline and the surrounding area.
- Gambo Pond: A popular fishing spot for trout and salmon. The pond is also a great place for boating and swimming.
- The T'Railway: A former railway line that has been converted into a multi-use trail for hiking, biking, and snowmobiling.
- The Gambo Marina: A full-service marina that offers boat rentals, fuel, and repairs.
- The Gambo Community Garden: A community garden that provides fresh produce to local residents and visitors.
- The Indian Point Coastal Reserve: A protected area that features rugged coastline, sea stacks, and a variety of seabirds.
- The Gambo River: A scenic river that offers excellent fishing and kayaking opportunities.
- The Gambo Gorge: A deep, narrow gorge that is home to a variety of wildlife, including moose and black bears.
- The Gambo Falls: A series of small waterfalls that are a popular spot for picnicking and swimming.
- The Gambo Cod Jigging Festival: A celebration of the town's fishing heritage, featuring live music, food, and a cod-jigging competition.
- The Gambo Winter Carnival: A winter festival that includes snowmobile races, ice fishing, and other winter activities.
Gambo was established in the early 1800s as a fishing and logging community. It was officially incorporated as a town in 1964. The town was named after John Gambo, a local merchant who played a key role in the development of the community.
Gambo, Newfoundland-Labrador is a hidden gem for nature lovers. With its stunning natural beauty and variety of outdoor activities, it is the perfect destination for anyone looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Whether you're interested in hiking, fishing, or just relaxing in nature, Gambo has something for everyone.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism. (n.d.). Gambo. Retrieved from https://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/plan-and-book/attractions/213812
- Town of Gambo. (n.d.). About Gambo. Retrieved from https://www.townofgambo.com/about-gambo
- Indian Point Coastal Reserve. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.protectedplanet.net/indian-point-coastal-reserve-provincial-park
- Gambo Pond. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/plan-and-book/attractions/213813
- The T'Railway. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.traillink.com/trail/t-railway/
- Gambo Marina. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.gambomarina.com/
- Gambo Community Garden. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/GamboCommunityGarden/
- Gambo Cod Jigging Festival. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/GamboCodJiggingFestival/
- Gambo Winter Carnival. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/GamboWinterCarnival/