Sturgis, Saskatchewan: A Hidden Gem in Canada's Prairies
Sturgis, Saskatchewan is a small community located in the east-central part of the province. Despite its size, it offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders that make it a must-visit destination for anyone traveling through the area.
- Sturgis Heritage Museum: This museum showcases the history of the community and the surrounding area, including exhibits on agriculture, mining, and the local Indigenous population.
- Sturgis Golf Course: This 9-hole course offers stunning views of the surrounding prairie landscape and is a great way to spend a relaxing afternoon.
- Sturgis Swimming Pool: This outdoor pool is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike during the summer months.
- Sturgis Curling Rink: This facility hosts a variety of curling events throughout the winter season.
- Sturgis Community Hall: This venue hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, dances, and community gatherings.
- Sturgis Reservoir: This man-made lake is a popular spot for fishing, boating, and swimming during the summer months.
- Sturgis Wildlife Reserve: This protected area is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, moose, and waterfowl.
- Sturgis Nature Trail: This trail winds through the surrounding prairie landscape and offers stunning views of the area's natural beauty.
- Sturgis Station House Days: This annual festival celebrates the community's history and features live music, food vendors, and a parade.
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally: This event attracts motorcycle enthusiasts from across Canada and the United States and features live music, motorcycle shows, and a variety of vendors.
Sturgis was established in 1904 as a stop on the Canadian Northern Railway. The community was named after William Sturgis, a prominent businessman and politician in the area. Sturgis was officially incorporated as a village in 1911 and became a town in 1951.
Sturgis, Saskatchewan may be a small community, but it offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders that make it a must-visit destination for anyone traveling through the area. Whether you're interested in history, outdoor recreation, or community events, Sturgis has something for everyone.
- Sturgis Heritage Museum. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.sturgisheritagemuseum.ca/
- Sturgis Golf Course. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.golfsturgis.com/
- Sturgis Swimming Pool. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.sturgisswimmingpool.com/
- Sturgis Curling Rink. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/Sturgis-Curling-Rink-142947732402/
- Sturgis Community Hall. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/Sturgis-Community-Hall-142947732402/
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.sturgismotorcyclerally.com/