Sainte-Justine-de-Newton: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Sainte-Justine-de-Newton is a small community located in the southwestern part of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, it offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders that are worth exploring. From parks and lakes to trails and festivals, there is something for everyone in this hidden gem of a town.
One of the most popular attractions in Sainte-Justine-de-Newton is the Parc des Chutes de Sainte-Justine. This park features a beautiful waterfall that is surrounded by lush greenery. Visitors can hike along the trails that lead to the waterfall and enjoy a picnic in the park.
Another must-see attraction is the Église Sainte-Justine-de-Newton. This historic church was built in the early 1900s and features stunning stained glass windows and intricate woodwork.
For those interested in history, the Musée de la Gare de Sainte-Justine-de-Newton is a great place to visit. This museum is housed in a former train station and showcases the history of the town and its railway.
Sainte-Justine-de-Newton is home to several beautiful lakes, including Lac Saint-François and Lac Saint-Louis. These lakes offer opportunities for swimming, boating, and fishing.
The town is also surrounded by lush forests and hiking trails. The Sentier de la Forêt is a popular trail that winds through the forest and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
Sainte-Justine-de-Newton is known for its annual Fête Nationale celebration, which takes place on June 24th. This festival features live music, food vendors, and fireworks.
Another popular festival is the Festival de la Truite, which celebrates the town's fishing heritage. This festival takes place in August and features fishing competitions, live music, and food vendors.
Sainte-Justine-de-Newton was established in 1855 by Justine Newton, a wealthy landowner who wanted to create a community for French-speaking settlers. The town was officially incorporated in 1863.
Over the years, Sainte-Justine-de-Newton has grown and evolved, but it has never lost its small-town charm. Today, it is a thriving community that is proud of its history and heritage.
If you're looking for a quiet and peaceful getaway, Sainte-Justine-de-Newton is the perfect destination. With its beautiful natural scenery, rich history, and vibrant festivals, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
- "Sainte-Justine-de-Newton." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/heritage-sites-and-attractions/cities-and-towns/sainte-justine-de-newton-2382387
- "Parc des Chutes de Sainte-Justine." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/heritage-sites-and-attractions/natural-sites/parks-and-gardens/parc-des-chutes-de-sainte-justine-2382388
- "Église Sainte-Justine-de-Newton." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/heritage-sites-and-attractions/religious-heritage/eglise-sainte-justine-de-newton-2382389
- "Musée de la Gare de Sainte-Justine-de-Newton." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/heritage-sites-and-attractions/museums-and-historic-sites/musee-de-la-gare-de-sainte-justine-de-newton-2382390
- "Fête Nationale." Ville de Sainte-Justine-de-Newton. https://www.sainte-justine-de-newton.ca/fete-nationale/
- "Festival de la Truite." Ville de Sainte-Justine-de-Newton. https://www.sainte-justine-de-newton.ca/festival-de-la-truite/