Saint-luc-de-vincennes: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Saint-luc-de-vincennes is a small community located in the province of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, it offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders that make it a must-visit destination for tourists. In this article, we will explore the history of Saint-luc-de-vincennes and highlight some of its most notable features.
Parc des Chutes-de-la-Petite-Rivière-Bostonnais
This park is home to a stunning waterfall that drops 60 meters into a gorge. Visitors can hike along the trails that wind through the park and take in the breathtaking views. The park also offers picnic areas and camping facilities.
Église de Saint-Luc
This historic church was built in 1905 and is a beautiful example of Quebecois architecture. Visitors can admire the intricate stained glass windows and ornate woodwork.
Sentier de la Forêt Ancienne
This hiking trail takes visitors through a forest that has remained untouched for over 200 years. The trail is home to a variety of wildlife, including moose and black bears.
Festival de la Truite Mouchetée
This annual festival celebrates the local speckled trout and features fishing competitions, live music, and food vendors.
This picturesque lake is a popular spot for swimming, boating, and fishing. Visitors can rent kayaks and canoes to explore the tranquil waters.
Montagne du Diable
This mountain offers hiking trails that lead to stunning views of the surrounding landscape. In the winter, it is a popular spot for skiing and snowshoeing.
Saint-luc-de-vincennes was established in 1872 by a group of French-Canadian settlers. The community was named after Saint Luc, the patron saint of physicians. It was officially incorporated as a municipality in 1916.
Saint-luc-de-vincennes may be a small community, but it is full of hidden gems that are waiting to be discovered. From the stunning waterfall at Parc des Chutes-de-la-Petite-Rivière-Bostonnais to the untouched forest along Sentier de la Forêt Ancienne, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you are a nature lover or a history buff, Saint-luc-de-vincennes is a destination that should not be missed.
- "Parc des Chutes-de-la-Petite-Rivière-Bostonnais." Sépaq. https://www.sepaq.com/pq/pet/ (accessed August 10, 2021).
- "Église de Saint-Luc." Tourisme Mauricie. https://www.tourismemauricie.com/en/activities/eglise-de-saint-luc/ (accessed August 10, 2021).
- "Sentier de la Forêt Ancienne." Tourisme Mauricie. https://www.tourismemauricie.com/en/activities/sentier-de-la-foret-ancienne/ (accessed August 10, 2021).
- "Festival de la Truite Mouchetée." Tourisme Mauricie. https://www.tourismemauricie.com/en/activities/festival-de-la-truite-mouchetee/ (accessed August 10, 2021).
- "Lac Saint-Luc." Tourisme Mauricie. https://www.tourismemauricie.com/en/activities/lac-saint-luc/ (accessed August 10, 2021).
- "Montagne du Diable." Tourisme Mauricie. https://www.tourismemauricie.com/en/activities/montagne-du-diable/ (accessed August 10, 2021).