Saint-Hubert, Quebec: A Hidden Gem for Travel and Tourism
Saint-Hubert is a charming borough located in the city of Longueuil, Quebec, Canada. It is situated on the south shore of the Saint Lawrence River, just a few kilometers away from Montreal. Saint-Hubert is a perfect destination for travelers who want to experience the beauty of Quebec's countryside while still being close to the city. This article will provide a comprehensive guide to Saint-Hubert's attractions, natural wonders, parks, lakes, trails, roadside attractions, and festivals.
Saint-Hubert has a variety of attractions that cater to different interests. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- La Ronde: This amusement park is located on Île Sainte-Hélène, just across the river from Saint-Hubert. It features over 40 rides and attractions, including roller coasters, water rides, and a Ferris wheel.
- Parc Michel-Chartrand: This park is a great place to relax and enjoy nature. It has over 20 kilometers of trails for hiking, biking, and cross-country skiing. The park also has a lake, a waterfall, and a bird sanctuary.
- Centre Marcel-Dulude: This sports complex has facilities for ice skating, hockey, soccer, and other sports. It also hosts concerts, trade shows, and other events.
- Musée de la Femme: This museum is dedicated to women's history and achievements. It has exhibits on women's rights, fashion, and art.
Saint-Hubert is surrounded by beautiful natural landscapes. Here are some of the most stunning ones:
- Parc de la Cité: This park has a lake, a beach, and a forest. It is a great place for picnics, swimming, and hiking.
- Parc de la Promenade-Bellerive: This park is located on the riverfront and has a boardwalk, a beach, and a marina. It is a great place for fishing, boating, and watching the sunset.
- Parc de la Rivière-aux-Pins: This park has a river, a waterfall, and a forest. It is a great place for hiking, fishing, and birdwatching.
Saint-Hubert has several festivals throughout the year that celebrate its culture and heritage. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Festival de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste: This festival is held on June 24th and celebrates Quebec's national holiday. It features live music, fireworks, and traditional Quebecois food.
- Festival des Couleurs: This festival is held in the fall and celebrates the changing of the leaves. It features live music, art exhibits, and outdoor activities.
- Festival de la Galette et des Saveurs du Terroir: This festival is held in the winter and celebrates Quebec's traditional foods. It features live music, cooking demonstrations, and tastings.
Saint-Hubert was founded in 1854 by Hubert Charbonneau, a farmer and landowner. The community was named after him and grew rapidly due to its proximity to Montreal. Saint-Hubert was incorporated as a village in 1875 and became a borough of Longueuil in 2002.
Saint-Hubert is a hidden gem for travel and tourism in Quebec. It has a variety of attractions, natural wonders, parks, lakes, trails, roadside attractions, and festivals that cater to different interests. Whether you want to relax in nature, enjoy outdoor activities, or learn about Quebec's culture and history, Saint-Hubert has something for everyone.
- "Saint-Hubert, Quebec." Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 22 June 2021, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Hubert,_Quebec.
- "La Ronde." La Ronde, Six Flags, www.laronde.com/.
- "Parc Michel-Chartrand." Ville de Longueuil, www.longueuil.quebec/fr/parc-michel-chartrand.
- "Centre Marcel-Dulude." Ville de Longueuil, www.longueuil.quebec/fr/centre-marcel-dulude.
- "Musée de la Femme." Musée de la Femme, www.museedelafemme.qc.ca/.
- "Parc de la Cité." Ville de Longueuil, www.longueuil.quebec/fr/parc-de-la-cite.
- "Parc de la Promenade-Bellerive." Ville de Montréal, ville.montreal.qc.ca/culture/en/promenade-bellerive-park.
- "Parc de la Rivière-aux-Pins." Ville de Longueuil, www.longueuil.quebec/fr/parc-de-la-riviere-aux-pins.
- "Festival de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste." Ville de Longueuil, www.longueuil.quebec/fr/fete-nationale.
- "Festival des Couleurs." Ville de Longueuil, www.longueuil.quebec/fr/festival-des-couleurs.
- "Festival de la Galette et des Saveurs du Terroir." Ville de Longueuil, www.longueuil.quebec/fr/festival-de-la-galette-et-des-saveurs-du-terroir.