Saint-etienne-de-beauharnois: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Saint-etienne-de-beauharnois is a small community located in the province of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, it offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders that are worth exploring. From parks and lakes to trails and festivals, Saint-etienne-de-beauharnois has something for everyone.
- The Saint-Etienne-de-Beauharnois Church: This historic church was built in 1856 and is a beautiful example of Quebec's religious architecture.
- The Saint-Etienne-de-Beauharnois Cemetery: This cemetery is the final resting place of many of the community's founding families and offers a glimpse into the area's history.
- The Saint-Etienne-de-Beauharnois Community Centre: This centre hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, dances, and community gatherings.
- Lake Saint-Francois: This large lake is a popular spot for fishing, boating, and swimming.
- The Saint-Etienne-de-Beauharnois Nature Trail: This trail winds through the community's forests and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
- The Saint-Etienne-de-Beauharnois Wildlife Reserve: This reserve is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, moose, and beavers.
- The Saint-Etienne-de-Beauharnois Summer Festival: This festival takes place in July and features live music, food vendors, and a variety of family-friendly activities.
- The Saint-Etienne-de-Beauharnois Christmas Market: This market takes place in December and offers a variety of handmade crafts and gifts.
Saint-etienne-de-beauharnois was established in 1855 by a group of French-Canadian settlers. The community was named after Etienne de Beauharnois, who served as the Governor of New France from 1726 to 1747. Saint-etienne-de-beauharnois was officially incorporated as a municipality in 1855.
Saint-etienne-de-beauharnois may be a small community, but it offers a wealth of attractions and natural wonders that are worth exploring. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or festivals, Saint-etienne-de-beauharnois has something for everyone.
- "Saint-Etienne-de-Beauharnois." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/heritage-sites-and-attractions/churches-and-religious-heritage/saint-etienne-de-beauharnois-1162389
- "Saint-Etienne-de-Beauharnois." Tourisme Haut-Saint-Laurent. https://tourismehsl.ca/en/destination/saint-etienne-de-beauharnois/
- "Saint-Etienne-de-Beauharnois." Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-%C3%89tienne-de-Beauharnois
- "Saint-Etienne-de-Beauharnois Nature Trail." AllTrails. https://www.alltrails.com/trail/canada/quebec/saint-etienne-de-beauharnois-nature-trail
- "Saint-Etienne-de-Beauharnois Wildlife Reserve." Sépaq. https://www.sepaq.com/reserves/faune/saint-etienne-de-beauharnois/index.dot?language_id=1
- "Summer Festival." Saint-Etienne-de-Beauharnois. https://www.saintetiennebeauharnois.com/festival-dete/