Saint-Come-Liniere: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Saint-Come-Liniere is a small community located in the Chaudiere-Appalaches region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, it is a popular destination for tourists who are looking for a peaceful and relaxing getaway. The community is known for its natural beauty, outdoor activities, and rich history.
- Parc des Chutes de Sainte-Agathe: This park is home to a beautiful waterfall and offers hiking trails, picnic areas, and a playground.
- Sentier des Caps de la Chaudiere: This trail offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and is a popular spot for hiking and snowshoeing.
- Domaine du Radar: This former military base has been transformed into a tourist attraction, offering guided tours, a museum, and a restaurant.
- Ferme du Bassin: This farm offers visitors the opportunity to see and interact with a variety of animals, including cows, pigs, and chickens.
- Eglise de Saint-Come: This historic church was built in the 19th century and is a beautiful example of Quebecois architecture.
- Lac Aylmer: This lake is a popular spot for fishing, boating, and swimming.
- Montagne du Midi: This mountain offers stunning views of the surrounding area and is a popular spot for hiking and skiing.
- Parc Regional des Appalaches: This park offers a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, camping, and fishing.
- Festival de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste: This festival celebrates Quebec's national holiday and features live music, food, and fireworks.
- Festival des Couleurs: This festival celebrates the changing of the leaves in the fall and features live music, food, and outdoor activities.
Saint-Come-Liniere was founded in 1864 by a group of French-Canadian settlers. The community was named after Saint Come, a Christian martyr, and Liniere, the name of the region in France where many of the settlers came from. The community was officially incorporated in 1912.
Saint-Come-Liniere may be a small community, but it has a lot to offer visitors who are looking for a peaceful and relaxing getaway. From its natural beauty to its rich history, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you are looking to hike, fish, or simply relax, Saint-Come-Liniere is the perfect destination.
- "Saint-Come-Liniere." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/regions-and-cities/chaudiere-appalaches/saint-come-liniere
- "Parc des Chutes de Sainte-Agathe." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/attractions/parks-and-gardens/parc-des-chutes-de-sainte-agathe-1160000
- "Sentier des Caps de la Chaudiere." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/hiking/sentier-des-caps-de-la-chaudiere-1160000
- "Domaine du Radar." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/attractions/historic-sites/domaine-du-radar-1160000
- "Ferme du Bassin." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/attractions/farms-and-agricultural-tourism/ferme-du-bassin-1160000
- "Eglise de Saint-Come." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/attractions/historic-sites/eglise-de-saint-come-1160000
- "Lac Aylmer." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/beaches-and-swimming/lac-aylmer-1160000
- "Montagne du Midi." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/ski-resorts/montagne-du-midi-1160000
- "Parc Regional des Appalaches." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/regional-parks/parc-regional-des-appalaches-1160000
- "Festival de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/events/festivals-and-special-events/festival-de-la-saint-jean-baptiste-1160000
- "Festival des Couleurs." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/events/festivals-and-special-events/festival-des-couleurs-1160000