Saint-Boniface-de-Shawinigan: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Saint-Boniface-de-Shawinigan is a small community located in the Mauricie region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, it is a hidden gem that offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders for tourists to explore. From parks and lakes to trails and festivals, Saint-Boniface-de-Shawinigan has something for everyone.
One of the most popular attractions in Saint-Boniface-de-Shawinigan is the Parc des Chutes, which features a stunning waterfall and a variety of hiking trails. Visitors can also enjoy picnicking, fishing, and swimming in the nearby lake. Another must-see attraction is the Église de Saint-Boniface, a beautiful church that dates back to the early 20th century.
For those interested in history, the Musée de la Mémoire vivante is a great place to visit. This museum showcases the history and culture of the region through exhibits and interactive displays. Visitors can also learn about the local logging industry at the Musée du Bûcheron.
Saint-Boniface-de-Shawinigan is surrounded by natural beauty, including several lakes and parks. The Parc national de la Mauricie is a popular destination for hiking, camping, and wildlife watching. Visitors can also explore the Lac-à-la-Tortue Ecological Reserve, which is home to a variety of plant and animal species.
Saint-Boniface-de-Shawinigan hosts several festivals throughout the year, including the Festival de la Truite, which celebrates the local fishing industry. The Festival des Couleurs is another popular event, featuring live music, food vendors, and a variety of outdoor activities.
Saint-Boniface-de-Shawinigan was founded in 1908 by Father Joseph-Édouard Lamy, a Catholic priest who wanted to establish a community for French-Canadian settlers. The community was officially incorporated in 1916. Over the years, Saint-Boniface-de-Shawinigan has grown into a thriving community that is known for its natural beauty and rich history.
Saint-Boniface-de-Shawinigan may be a small community, but it is full of hidden treasures that are waiting to be discovered. Whether you are interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, there is something for everyone in this charming Quebec town.
- "Saint-Boniface-de-Shawinigan." Tourisme Mauricie. https://www.tourismemauricie.com/en/destinations/saint-boniface-de-shawinigan/
- "Parc des Chutes de Sainte-Ursule." Sépaq. https://www.sepaq.com/pq/mau/decouvrir/parc-des-chutes-de-sainte-ursule.dot
- "Église de Saint-Boniface." Patrimoine-culturel.gouv.qc.ca. https://www.patrimoine-culturel.gouv.qc.ca/rpcq/detail.do?methode=consulter&id=92823&type=bien#.YJZJZy1h1PY
- "Musée de la Mémoire vivante." Tourisme Mauricie. https://www.tourismemauricie.com/en/activities/musee-de-la-memoire-vivante/
- "Musée du Bûcheron." Tourisme Mauricie. https://www.tourismemauricie.com/en/activities/musee-du-bucheron/
- "Festival de la Truite." Tourisme Mauricie. https://www.tourismemauricie.com/en/activities/festival-de-la-truite/
- "Festival des Couleurs." Tourisme Mauricie. https://www.tourismemauricie.com/en/activities/festival-des-couleurs/