Saint-Anselme, Quebec: A Hidden Gem in Canada
Saint-Anselme is a small community located in the Chaudière-Appalaches region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, it is a hidden gem that offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders for tourists to explore. From parks and lakes to trails and festivals, Saint-Anselme has something for everyone.
One of the most popular attractions in Saint-Anselme is the Parc des Chutes-de-la-Chaudière. This park features a stunning waterfall that drops 35 meters into the Chaudière River. Visitors can hike along the river and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The park also has picnic areas and a playground for children.
Another popular attraction is the Église de Saint-Anselme. This historic church was built in 1887 and is a beautiful example of Quebecois architecture. Visitors can take a guided tour of the church and learn about its history.
For those interested in history, the Musée de la mémoire vivante is a must-visit. This museum showcases the history and culture of the Chaudière-Appalaches region through exhibits and interactive displays.
Saint-Anselme is home to several beautiful lakes, including Lac Etchemin and Lac Saint-Anselme. These lakes offer opportunities for swimming, boating, and fishing. The surrounding forests are also great for hiking and wildlife watching.
The Sentier des Caps de Charlevoix is a popular hiking trail that offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and forests. The trail is 52 kilometers long and takes approximately 3-4 days to complete.
Saint-Anselme is known for its lively festivals, including the Festival de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste and the Festival de la Poutine. The Festival de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste celebrates Quebecois culture with music, food, and fireworks. The Festival de la Poutine is a celebration of Canada's favorite dish, poutine, and features a variety of poutine vendors and competitions.
Saint-Anselme was founded in 1865 by Father Anselme Mathieu, a Catholic priest who established a mission in the area. The community was officially incorporated in 1912. Today, Saint-Anselme is a thriving community that celebrates its history and culture through its many attractions and festivals.
Saint-Anselme may be a small community, but it offers a wealth of attractions and natural wonders for tourists to explore. From the stunning Parc des Chutes-de-la-Chaudière to the lively festivals, there is something for everyone in Saint-Anselme.
- "Parc des Chutes-de-la-Chaudière." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/parks-and-natural-sites/parc-des-chutes-de-la-chaudiere-1160000
- "Église de Saint-Anselme." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/heritage-sites-and-attractions/churches-and-religious-heritage/eglise-de-saint-anselme-1160000
- "Musée de la mémoire vivante." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/heritage-sites-and-attractions/museums-and-historic-sites/musee-de-la-memoire-vivante-1160000
- "Lac Etchemin." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/lakes-and-beaches/lac-etchemin-1160000
- "Sentier des Caps de Charlevoix." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/hiking-and-snowshoeing/sentier-des-caps-de-charlevoix-1160000
- "Festival de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/events/festivals-and-special-events/festival-de-la-saint-jean-baptiste-1160000
- "Festival de la Poutine." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/events/festivals-and-special-events/festival-de-la-poutine-1160000