Saint-Ambroise: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Saint-Ambroise is a small community located in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, it offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders that make it a must-visit destination for tourists.
- Saint-Ambroise Beach: This sandy beach is located on the shores of Lac Saint-Jean and offers a picturesque view of the lake. Visitors can swim, sunbathe, and enjoy a picnic on the beach.
- Saint-Ambroise Zoo: This small zoo is home to a variety of animals, including deer, llamas, and peacocks. Visitors can also enjoy a petting zoo and a playground for children.
- Saint-Ambroise Heritage Trail: This trail takes visitors on a journey through the history of Saint-Ambroise. It features several historical buildings and landmarks, including the Saint-Ambroise Church and the old train station.
- Saint-Ambroise Farmers' Market: This market offers a variety of fresh produce, baked goods, and crafts from local vendors. It is open every Saturday from June to October.
- Mont Lac-Vert: This ski resort is located just outside of Saint-Ambroise and offers skiing and snowboarding in the winter, as well as hiking and mountain biking in the summer.
- Pointe-Taillon National Park: This park is located on the shores of Lac Saint-Jean and offers a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, cycling, and kayaking.
- Saint-Ambroise Waterfall: This waterfall is located in the heart of Saint-Ambroise and offers a peaceful retreat for visitors.
- Saint-Ambroise Blueberry Festival: This festival celebrates the blueberry harvest and features live music, food vendors, and a blueberry pie-eating contest.
- Saint-Ambroise Winter Carnival: This carnival takes place in February and features ice sculptures, snowshoeing, and a polar bear dip in Lac Saint-Jean.
Saint-Ambroise was founded in 1855 by Ambroise Bouchard, a French-Canadian farmer. The community was officially incorporated in 1878 and has since grown into a thriving town with a population of over 3,000.
Saint-Ambroise may be a small community, but it offers a wealth of attractions and natural wonders that make it a must-visit destination for tourists. From its sandy beaches to its historical landmarks, there is something for everyone in Saint-Ambroise.
- "Saint-Ambroise." Tourisme Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean.
- "Saint-Ambroise." QuebecOriginal.
- "Saint-Ambroise." Ville de Saint-Ambroise.
- "Saint-Ambroise Beach." QuebecOriginal.
- "Saint-Ambroise Zoo." QuebecOriginal.
- "Saint-Ambroise Heritage Trail." QuebecOriginal.