Notre-Dame-du-Laus: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Nestled in the heart of the Laurentian Mountains, Notre-Dame-du-Laus is a charming community that offers visitors a unique blend of natural beauty, outdoor adventure, and cultural experiences. From hiking and fishing to exploring local museums and festivals, there is something for everyone in this picturesque town.
- Parc régional Montagne du Diable: This stunning park offers over 50 km of hiking trails, as well as opportunities for mountain biking, canoeing, and camping.
- Lac des Sables: This beautiful lake is perfect for swimming, boating, and fishing. Visitors can also enjoy a picnic on the beach or take a scenic hike around the lake.
- Musée de la Ferme et des Ancêtres: This museum showcases the history of the region's early settlers and their way of life. Visitors can explore the exhibits and learn about traditional farming techniques and local crafts.
- Festival de la Truite Mouchetée: This annual festival celebrates the region's famous speckled trout. Visitors can enjoy live music, food, and fishing competitions.
- Montagne du Diable: This mountain offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape and is a popular spot for hiking and skiing.
- Rivière Rouge: This scenic river is perfect for canoeing, kayaking, and fishing. Visitors can also take a leisurely stroll along the riverbank and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Parc régional du Poisson Blanc: This park is home to the stunning Poisson Blanc Reservoir, which offers opportunities for swimming, boating, and fishing. Visitors can also explore the park's hiking trails and campsites.
Notre-Dame-du-Laus was founded in 1874 by Father Louis-Marie Parent, a Catholic priest who established a mission in the area. The community was officially incorporated in 1916 and has since grown into a thriving town with a rich history and culture.
Whether you're looking for outdoor adventure, cultural experiences, or simply a peaceful retreat in the heart of nature, Notre-Dame-du-Laus has something to offer. With its stunning natural beauty, rich history, and welcoming community, it's no wonder that this hidden gem in Quebec is becoming an increasingly popular destination for travelers from around the world.
- "Notre-Dame-du-Laus." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/heritage-sites-and-attractions/cities-and-towns/notre-dame-du-laus-2382387
- "Parc régional Montagne du Diable." Sépaq. https://www.sepaq.com/pq/mdd/
- "Lac des Sables." Tourisme Laurentides. https://www.laurentides.com/en/attractions/lac-des-sables
- "Musée de la Ferme et des Ancêtres." Tourisme Laurentides. https://www.laurentides.com/en/museum/musee-de-la-ferme-et-des-ancetres
- "Festival de la Truite Mouchetée." Tourisme Laurentides. https://www.laurentides.com/en/activities/festival-de-la-truite-mouchetee
- "Parc régional du Poisson Blanc." Sépaq. https://www.sepaq.com/pq/pob/