Lery, Quebec: A Hidden Gem for Nature Lovers
Lery is a small community located in the Montérégie region of Quebec, Canada. It is a hidden gem for nature lovers, offering a variety of outdoor activities and natural wonders to explore. From hiking trails to lakes and parks, Lery has something for everyone.
- Parc des Ancres: This park is located on the shores of Lake Saint-Louis and offers a variety of activities such as hiking, cycling, and picnicking. It also has a beach area for swimming and water sports.
- Sentier de la Presqu'île: This hiking trail offers stunning views of Lake Saint-Louis and the surrounding area. It is a great place to go for a walk or a bike ride.
- Parc de la Commune: This park is located in the heart of Lery and offers a playground, picnic area, and a walking trail.
- Les Vergers Lafrance: This apple orchard offers a variety of activities such as apple picking, cider tasting, and a corn maze.
- Île aux Hérons: This small island is located in Lake Saint-Louis and is a protected bird sanctuary. It is a great place to go birdwatching and enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
- Boisé de l'Équerre: This forested area is located in the heart of Lery and offers a variety of hiking trails and picnic areas.
- Lac Saint-Louis: This large lake is a popular spot for fishing, boating, and water sports. It also offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Festival des Couleurs: This fall festival celebrates the changing of the leaves and offers a variety of activities such as pumpkin carving, hayrides, and live music.
- Fête de la Famille: This family-friendly festival offers a variety of activities such as face painting, games, and a petting zoo.
Lery was established in 1672 by Jacques Le Moyne de Sainte-Marie, a French explorer and fur trader. It was incorporated as a municipality in 1855. The community was named after the Léry family, who were early settlers in the area.
Lery, Quebec is a hidden gem for nature lovers. With its variety of outdoor activities and natural wonders, it is a great place to visit for a day trip or a weekend getaway. Whether you enjoy hiking, swimming, or birdwatching, Lery has something for everyone.
- "Parc des Ancres." Ville de Léry. https://ville.lery.qc.ca/parc-des-ancres/
- "Sentier de la Presqu'île." AllTrails. https://www.alltrails.com/trail/canada/quebec/sentier-de-la-presquile
- "Parc de la Commune." Ville de Léry. https://ville.lery.qc.ca/parc-de-la-commune/
- "Les Vergers Lafrance." Les Vergers Lafrance. https://www.vergerslafrance.com/
- "Île aux Hérons." Ville de Léry. https://ville.lery.qc.ca/ile-aux-herons/
- "Boisé de l'Équerre." Ville de Léry. https://ville.lery.qc.ca/boise-de-lequerre/
- "Lac Saint-Louis." Tourisme Montérégie. https://www.tourisme-monteregie.qc.ca/en/activities/lac-saint-louis/
- "Festival des Couleurs." Ville de Léry. https://ville.lery.qc.ca/festival-des-couleurs/
- "Fête de la Famille." Ville de Léry. https://ville.lery.qc.ca/fete-de-la-famille/