Lac-Delage: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Nestled in the Laurentian Mountains, Lac-Delage is a picturesque community located just 20 minutes north of Quebec City. With its stunning natural beauty, rich history, and abundance of outdoor activities, Lac-Delage is the perfect destination for those seeking a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Lac-Delage Beach: This sandy beach is the perfect spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking. The crystal-clear waters of Lac-Delage are ideal for a refreshing dip on a hot summer day.
- Mont-Tourbillon: This ski resort offers a variety of winter sports, including skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing. In the summer, visitors can enjoy hiking, mountain biking, and golfing.
- Sentier des Caps: This 50-kilometer hiking trail offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and forests. The trail is divided into several sections, ranging from easy to difficult, making it accessible to hikers of all skill levels.
- Parc des Falaises: This park features a network of trails that wind through the forest and along the cliffs overlooking the St. Lawrence River. The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, moose, and black bears.
- Lac-Delage Lookout: This scenic lookout offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and the St. Lawrence River. It's the perfect spot for a romantic sunset picnic or a quiet moment of reflection.
- Festival des Couleurs: This annual fall festival celebrates the changing of the leaves with live music, local food vendors, and a variety of outdoor activities.
Lac-Delage was founded in 1855 by Joseph-Édouard Cauchon, a prominent politician and businessman. The community was originally established as a summer retreat for wealthy Quebec City residents, who were drawn to the area's natural beauty and fresh mountain air.
In 1912, Lac-Delage was officially incorporated as a municipality, with a population of just over 200 residents. Over the years, the community has grown and evolved, but it has managed to maintain its small-town charm and close-knit community spirit.
Today, Lac-Delage is a thriving community with a population of approximately 1,500 residents. It's a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, nature lovers, and anyone seeking a peaceful escape from the city.
Whether you're looking for a quiet weekend getaway or an action-packed outdoor adventure, Lac-Delage has something to offer everyone. With its stunning natural beauty, rich history, and abundance of outdoor activities, it's no wonder that this hidden gem in Quebec is quickly becoming a must-visit destination for travelers from around the world.
- "Lac-Delage." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/outdoor-and-adventure/lac-delage-1162389
- "Mont-Tourbillon." Ski Quebec. https://www.skiquebeccharlevoix.com/en/ski-resorts/mont-tourbillon/
- "Sentier des Caps." Rando Quebec. https://randoquebec.ca/sentier-des-caps/
- "Parc des Falaises." Quebec Region. https://www.quebecregion.com/en/businesses/outdoor-and-adventure/parks-and-natural-sites/parc-des-falaises/
- "Lac-Delage Lookout." Quebec Region. https://www.quebecregion.com/en/businesses/attractions/lookouts/lac-delage-lookout/
- "Festival des Couleurs." Quebec Region. https://www.quebecregion.com/en/what-to-do/events/festival-des-couleurs/