Donnacona, Quebec: A Hidden Gem in Canada
Donnacona is a small town located in the province of Quebec, Canada. It is situated on the north shore of the St. Lawrence River, approximately 25 kilometers west of Quebec City. Despite its small size, Donnacona has a lot to offer to tourists who are looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. From natural wonders to cultural attractions, Donnacona has something for everyone.
Parc des Chutes de Donnacona
Parc des Chutes de Donnacona is a beautiful park located in the heart of the town. It is home to a stunning waterfall that cascades down a rocky cliff. Visitors can take a leisurely stroll along the park's walking trails, have a picnic, or simply enjoy the scenery.
Église Sainte-Agnès is a historic church that dates back to the early 20th century. It is known for its beautiful stained glass windows and impressive architecture. Visitors can attend mass or simply admire the church's beauty.
Parc des Trois-Bérets
Parc des Trois-Bérets is a small park located near the St. Lawrence River. It offers a beautiful view of the river and is a great spot for a picnic or a relaxing walk.
Sentier de la Pointe-aux-Ormes
Sentier de la Pointe-aux-Ormes is a hiking trail that winds through a beautiful forest. It offers stunning views of the St. Lawrence River and is a great spot for birdwatching.
Festival de la Truite de Donnacona
The Festival de la Truite de Donnacona is an annual festival that celebrates the town's fishing heritage. It features live music, food vendors, and a fishing derby.
Donnacona was founded in 1855 by a group of Irish immigrants. It was named after Donnacona, a First Nations chief who had met Jacques Cartier during his second voyage to Canada in 1535. The town was officially incorporated in 1916.
Donnacona may be a small town, but it has a lot to offer to tourists who are looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. From the stunning Parc des Chutes de Donnacona to the historic Église Sainte-Agnès, there is something for everyone in this hidden gem of Quebec.
- "Donnacona, Quebec." Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 22 June 2021, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnacona,_Quebec.
- "Parc des Chutes de Donnacona." Parcs Québec, Société des établissements de plein air du Québec, 2021, sepaq.com/pq/don/index.dot?language_id=1.
- "Église Sainte-Agnès." Diocèse de Québec, 2021, diocesequebec.qc.ca/eglises/eglise-sainte-agnes-de-donnacona/.
- "Parc des Trois-Bérets." Ville de Donnacona, 2021, ville.donnacona.qc.ca/parc-des-trois-berets/.
- "Sentier de la Pointe-aux-Ormes." Ville de Donnacona, 2021, ville.donnacona.qc.ca/sentier-de-la-pointe-aux-ormes/.
- "Festival de la Truite de Donnacona." Festival de la Truite de Donnacona, 2021, festivaldelatruite.com/.