Campbell's Bay: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Campbell's Bay is a small community located in the Pontiac region of Quebec, Canada. This charming town is known for its natural beauty, outdoor activities, and friendly locals. Whether you're looking for a relaxing getaway or an adventure-filled vacation, Campbell's Bay has something for everyone.
- Campbell's Bay Farmers' Market: This weekly market offers fresh produce, baked goods, and handmade crafts from local vendors.
- Campbell's Bay Recreation Park: This park features a playground, picnic area, and walking trails.
- Campbell's Bay Golf Club: This 9-hole golf course offers stunning views of the Ottawa River.
- Campbell's Bay Waterfront: Take a stroll along the riverfront and enjoy the scenic views.
- Campbell's Bay Historical Society: Learn about the town's history at this local museum.
- Chutes Coulonge Park: This park features a stunning waterfall and offers hiking trails, ziplining, and other outdoor activities.
- Ottawa River: The town is located on the banks of the Ottawa River, offering opportunities for boating, fishing, and swimming.
- Pontiac Wildlife Reserve: This reserve offers opportunities for hunting, fishing, and wildlife viewing.
- Campbell's Bay Fair: This annual fair features agricultural exhibits, live music, and carnival rides.
- Pontiac Artists' Studio Tour: This self-guided tour showcases the work of local artists.
Campbell's Bay was established in 1840 by Scottish immigrants. The town was named after John Campbell, who was one of the first settlers in the area. The community was officially incorporated in 1875.
Campbell's Bay may be a small town, but it offers plenty of attractions and natural wonders for visitors to enjoy. Whether you're interested in outdoor activities, local history, or simply relaxing by the river, Campbell's Bay is the perfect destination for your next vacation.
- "Campbell's Bay, Quebec." Wikipedia.
- "Campbell's Bay Farmers' Market." Pontiac Tourism.
- "Campbell's Bay Recreation Park." Pontiac Tourism.
- "Campbell's Bay Golf Club." Pontiac Tourism.
- "Chutes Coulonge Park." Pontiac Tourism.
- "Pontiac Wildlife Reserve." Quebec Original.