Bonsecours, Quebec: A Hidden Gem in Canada
Bonsecours is a small community located in the eastern part of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, it is a hidden gem that offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders for tourists to explore. From its beautiful parks and lakes to its historic landmarks and festivals, Bonsecours has something for everyone.
One of the most popular attractions in Bonsecours is the Parc des Chutes de la Chaudière. This park features a stunning waterfall that drops 35 meters into the Chaudière River. Visitors can hike along the river, enjoy a picnic, or take a guided tour of the park.
Another must-see attraction is the Église de Bonsecours. This historic church was built in 1779 and is one of the oldest churches in Quebec. It features beautiful stained glass windows and a unique architecture that reflects the community's French-Canadian heritage.
For those who love the outdoors, the Sentier des Caps de Charlevoix is a popular hiking trail that offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and forests. The trail is well-maintained and offers a variety of difficulty levels for hikers of all skill levels.
Bonsecours is home to several beautiful lakes, including Lac des Deux Montagnes and Lac Saint-Louis. These lakes offer a variety of recreational activities, such as swimming, boating, and fishing.
The community is also surrounded by several parks and forests, including the Parc national du Mont-Saint-Bruno and the Parc national des Îles-de-Boucherville. These parks offer a variety of hiking and biking trails, as well as opportunities for wildlife viewing and birdwatching.
Bonsecours is known for its vibrant festivals and cultural events. One of the most popular is the Festival de la Galette et des Saveurs du Terroir, which celebrates the community's French-Canadian heritage with traditional food, music, and dance.
Another popular festival is the Festival des Couleurs de Rigaud, which takes place in the fall and celebrates the changing colors of the leaves. Visitors can enjoy live music, local food, and a variety of outdoor activities.
Bonsecours was founded in 1673 by Pierre Boucher, a French-Canadian explorer and fur trader. The community was originally established as a trading post and quickly grew into a thriving settlement.
In 1855, Bonsecours was officially incorporated as a village. Today, it is a small but vibrant community that celebrates its rich history and cultural heritage.
Bonsecours may be a small community, but it offers a wealth of attractions and natural wonders for tourists to explore. From its stunning waterfalls and lakes to its historic landmarks and festivals, there is something for everyone in this hidden gem of Quebec.
- "Parc des Chutes de la Chaudière." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/parks-and-natural-sites/parc-des-chutes-de-la-chaudiere-1160000
- "Église de Bonsecours." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/heritage-sites-and-attractions/churches-and-religious-heritage/eglise-de-bonsecours-1160000
- "Sentier des Caps de Charlevoix." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/hiking-and-snowshoeing/sentier-des-caps-de-charlevoix-1160000
- "Lac des Deux Montagnes." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/beaches-and-swimming/lac-des-deux-montagnes-1160000
- "Parc national du Mont-Saint-Bruno." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/parks-and-natural-sites/parc-national-du-mont-saint-bruno-1160000
- "Festival de la Galette et des Saveurs du Terroir." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/events/festivals-and-special-events/festival-de-la-galette-et-des-saveurs-du-terroir-1160000
- "Festival des Couleurs de Rigaud." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/events/festivals-and-special-events/festival-des-couleurs-de-rigaud-1160000