Becancour: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Becancour is a small community located in the Centre-du-Quebec region of Quebec, Canada. It is situated on the south shore of the Saint Lawrence River, just east of Trois-Rivieres. Despite its small size, Becancour is a hidden gem that offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders for tourists to explore.
Godefroy Ecological Park
The Godefroy Ecological Park is a 160-hectare park that offers visitors the opportunity to explore a variety of ecosystems, including forests, wetlands, and meadows. The park features over 20 kilometers of hiking trails, as well as a variety of educational programs and events.
Moulin Michel de Gentilly
The Moulin Michel de Gentilly is a historic flour mill that dates back to the 18th century. Visitors can take a guided tour of the mill and learn about its history and operation. The mill also features a gift shop where visitors can purchase locally-made products.
Parc des Ateliers
The Parc des Ateliers is a community park that features a variety of recreational facilities, including a skate park, a basketball court, and a playground. The park also hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts and festivals.
Les Jardins Lumières
Les Jardins Lumières is a beautiful garden that features a variety of plants and flowers. Visitors can take a guided tour of the garden and learn about the different species of plants that are grown there. The garden also features a gift shop where visitors can purchase plants and gardening supplies.
Lac Saint-Pierre is a large lake that is located just east of Becancour. The lake is a popular destination for boating, fishing, and swimming. It is also home to a variety of wildlife, including birds and fish.
Parc de l'Anse du Port
Parc de l'Anse du Port is a small park that is located on the shore of the Saint Lawrence River. The park features a beach where visitors can swim and sunbathe, as well as a picnic area and a playground.
Parc de la Pointe
Parc de la Pointe is a small park that is located on a peninsula that juts out into the Saint Lawrence River. The park offers visitors stunning views of the river and the surrounding landscape. It also features a walking trail and a picnic area.
Festival de la Galette de Sarrasin
The Festival de la Galette de Sarrasin is an annual festival that celebrates the traditional buckwheat pancake that is popular in the region. The festival features live music, food vendors, and a variety of activities for children.
Festival des Guitares du Monde
The Festival des Guitares du Monde is an annual music festival that features guitarists from around the world. The festival takes place over several days and features a variety of concerts and workshops.
Becancour was established in 1686 by Pierre Boucher, a French explorer and fur trader. The community was incorporated as a city in 1965. Today, Becancour is a thriving community that is home to over 13,000 residents.
Becancour may be a small community, but it offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders for tourists to explore. From the Godefroy Ecological Park to Lac Saint-Pierre, there is something for everyone in Becancour. And with festivals like the Festival de la Galette de Sarrasin and the Festival des Guitares du Monde, there is always something exciting happening in this hidden gem of Quebec.
- "Becancour." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/regions-and-cities/centre-du-quebec/becancour
- "Godefroy Ecological Park." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/attractions/godefroy-ecological-park-1160000
- "Moulin Michel de Gentilly." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/attractions/moulin-michel-de-gentilly-1160001
- "Parc des Ateliers." Ville de Becancour. https://www.becancour.net/parc-des-ateliers
- "Les Jardins Lumières." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/attractions/les-jardins-lumieres-1160002
- "Lac Saint-Pierre." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/attractions/lac-saint-pierre-1160003
- "Parc de l'Anse du Port." Ville de Becancour. https://www.becancour.net/parc-de-lanse-du-port
- "Parc de la Pointe." Ville de Becancour. https://www.becancour.net/parc-de-la-pointe
- "Festival de la Galette de Sarrasin." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/events/festivals-and-special-events/festival-de-la-galette-de-sarrasin-1160004
- "Festival des Guitares du Monde." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/events/festivals-and-special-events/festival-des-guitares-du-monde-1160005