Fenelon Falls: A Hidden Gem in Ontario
Fenelon Falls is a small community located in the Kawartha Lakes region of Ontario, Canada. This charming town is known for its beautiful natural scenery, rich history, and friendly locals. Whether you're looking for a relaxing getaway or an adventure-filled vacation, Fenelon Falls has something for everyone.
- Fenelon Falls Lock 34: This historic lock is a must-see attraction in Fenelon Falls. Visitors can watch boats pass through the lock and learn about the history of the Trent-Severn Waterway.
- The Fenelon Falls Museum: This museum showcases the history of Fenelon Falls and the surrounding area. Visitors can learn about the town's early settlers, the logging industry, and the development of the Trent-Severn Waterway.
- Garnet Graham Park: This beautiful park is located on the shores of Cameron Lake and offers stunning views of the water. Visitors can enjoy a picnic, go for a swim, or rent a paddleboat or kayak.
- Fenelon Falls Farmers' Market: This weekly market offers fresh produce, baked goods, and handmade crafts from local vendors.
- Fenelon Falls Brewing Co.: This local brewery offers a variety of craft beers and a cozy atmosphere for visitors to enjoy.
- Cameron Lake: This picturesque lake is a popular spot for swimming, boating, and fishing. Visitors can also take a scenic boat tour of the lake.
- Fenelon Falls Trail: This scenic trail runs along the Trent-Severn Waterway and offers beautiful views of the surrounding countryside.
- Burnt River: This river is a popular spot for canoeing and kayaking. Visitors can also go fishing for trout and bass.
- Fenelon Falls Dam: This impressive dam is located on the Burnt River and offers stunning views of the water rushing over the rocks.
- Fenelon Falls Country Living Show: This annual event showcases local artisans, farmers, and businesses. Visitors can enjoy live music, food, and shopping.
- Fenelon Falls Car Show: This popular event features classic cars, live music, and food vendors.
- Fenelon Fair: This traditional agricultural fair features livestock shows, horse shows, and a midway.
Fenelon Falls was established in the early 1800s by James Wallis, a British soldier who was granted land in the area. The town was named after Francois de Salignac de la Mothe-Fenelon, a French bishop and writer. Fenelon Falls was officially incorporated as a village in 1874 and became a town in 1998.
Fenelon Falls is a hidden gem in Ontario that offers something for everyone. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or just relaxing by the lake, this charming town is the perfect destination for your next vacation.
- "Fenelon Falls." Kawartha Lakes Tourism, www.explorekawarthalakes.com/en/explore/fenelon-falls.aspx.
- "Fenelon Falls Museum." Kawartha Lakes Tourism, www.explorekawarthalakes.com/en/explore/fenelon-falls-museum.aspx.
- "Fenelon Falls Farmers' Market." Kawartha Lakes Tourism, www.explorekawarthalakes.com/en/explore/fenelon-falls-farmers-market.aspx.
- "Fenelon Falls Brewing Co." Fenelon Falls Brewing Co., www.fenelonfallsbrewing.com/.
- "Cameron Lake." Kawartha Lakes Tourism, www.explorekawarthalakes.com/en/explore/cameron-lake.aspx.
- "Fenelon Falls Trail." Kawartha Lakes Tourism, www.explorekawarthalakes.com/en/explore/fenelon-falls-trail.aspx.