Carleton Place: A Hidden Gem in Ontario
Carleton Place is a charming town located in eastern Ontario, Canada. It is situated on the Mississippi River and is known for its beautiful parks, historic landmarks, and vibrant community. Whether you are looking for outdoor adventures or cultural experiences, Carleton Place has something for everyone.
- Carleton Place and Beckwith Heritage Museum: This museum showcases the history of Carleton Place and Beckwith Township through exhibits and artifacts.
- Riverside Park: This park is located on the banks of the Mississippi River and offers a playground, picnic areas, and a splash pad.
- Carleton Place Farmers' Market: This market is held every Saturday from May to October and features local produce, baked goods, and crafts.
- Carleton Place Canoe Club: This club offers canoe and kayak rentals, as well as lessons and guided tours.
- Carleton Place and District Chamber of Commerce: This organization provides information on local businesses and events.
- Mississippi River: This river runs through Carleton Place and offers opportunities for fishing, boating, and swimming.
- Centennial Park: This park features a beach area and a walking trail along the river.
- Carleton Place Trailway: This trail runs through the town and offers scenic views of the countryside.
- Carleton Place Quarry: This former quarry is now a popular swimming spot with crystal-clear water.
- Bridge Street Bazaar: This event is held every Saturday from June to September and features live music, food vendors, and local artisans.
- Carleton Place Winter Carnival: This festival is held in February and includes ice skating, snowshoeing, and a polar bear dip.
- Mississippi Mills Music Festival: This festival is held in August and features local musicians and performers.
Carleton Place was established in 1819 by Edmond Morphy, who built a sawmill on the Mississippi River. The community grew rapidly and was incorporated as a village in 1870. It became a town in 1890 and was named after Guy Carleton, who was Governor of Quebec during the American Revolution.
Carleton Place may be a small town, but it is full of character and charm. From its historic landmarks to its natural wonders, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you are a local or a visitor, Carleton Place is definitely worth a visit.
- "Carleton Place and Beckwith Heritage Museum." Carleton Place and Beckwith Heritage Museum, www.cpbheritagemuseum.com/.
- "Riverside Park." Town of Carleton Place, www.carletonplace.ca/riverside-park/.
- "Carleton Place Farmers' Market." Town of Carleton Place, www.carletonplacefarmersmarket.ca/.
- "Carleton Place Canoe Club." Carleton Place Canoe Club, www.cpcanoeclub.com/.
- "Carleton Place and District Chamber of Commerce." Carleton Place and District Chamber of Commerce, www.cpbusiness.ca/.
- "Mississippi Mills Music Festival." Mississippi Mills Music Festival, www.mmmusicfestival.com/.