Timberlea, Nova Scotia: A Hidden Gem for Travel and Tourism
Timberlea, Nova Scotia is a small community located in the Halifax Regional Municipality. Despite its size, it offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders that make it a great destination for travel and tourism. From parks and lakes to trails and festivals, there is something for everyone in Timberlea.
One of the main attractions in Timberlea is the BLT Rails to Trails, a 13-kilometer trail that runs from Beechville to Lakeside. The trail is perfect for hiking, biking, and walking, and offers stunning views of the surrounding nature. Another popular attraction is the Brunello Golf Course, a championship course that offers a challenging and scenic golfing experience.
For those interested in history, the Timberlea Train Station Museum is a must-visit. The museum is housed in a restored train station and features exhibits on the history of the railway in Nova Scotia. Another historical attraction is the St. Andrew's Anglican Church, which was built in 1845 and is one of the oldest churches in the area.
Timberlea is home to a number of beautiful parks and lakes. The Jerry Lawrence Provincial Park is a popular spot for picnicking, swimming, and hiking, while the Cranberry Lake Park offers a peaceful setting for fishing and boating. The Five Island Lake Conservation Area is another great spot for hiking and exploring the natural beauty of the area.
Timberlea is known for its annual Timberlea Village Festival, which takes place in August. The festival features live music, food vendors, and a variety of activities for all ages. Another popular event is the Timberlea Titans Football Homecoming, which takes place in September and celebrates the local football team.
Timberlea was established in the early 1800s as a farming community. It was named after the abundance of timber in the area, which was used for shipbuilding and other industries. The community was officially incorporated in 1977 as part of the Halifax Regional Municipality. The person who started the community is unknown.
Timberlea, Nova Scotia may be a small community, but it offers a wealth of attractions and natural wonders that make it a great destination for travel and tourism. From hiking and golfing to festivals and historical sites, there is something for everyone in Timberlea.
- "BLT Rails to Trails." Halifax Trails. https://www.halifaxtrails.ca/index_files/BLTRailsToTrails.htm
- "Brunello Golf Course." Golf Nova Scotia. https://golfnovascotia.com/courses/brunello-golf-course/
- "Jerry Lawrence Provincial Park." Nova Scotia Provincial Parks. https://parks.novascotia.ca/content/jerry-lawrence
- "St. Andrew's Anglican Church." Halifax Regional Municipality. https://www.halifax.ca/recreation/parks-trails/green-spaces/st-andrews-anglican-church
- "Timberlea Titans Football Homecoming." Halifax Regional Municipality. https://www.halifax.ca/recreation/events/timberlea-titans-football-homecoming
- "Timberlea Village Festival." Halifax Regional Municipality. https://www.halifax.ca/recreation/events/timberlea-village-festival