Coxheath, Nova Scotia: A Hidden Gem for Travel and Tourism
Coxheath, Nova Scotia is a small community located in the Cape Breton Regional Municipality. Despite its size, Coxheath offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders for tourists to explore. From parks and lakes to trails and festivals, Coxheath has something for everyone.
One of the most popular attractions in Coxheath is the Coxheath Hills Wilderness Trail. This trail is a 10-kilometer loop that takes hikers through a beautiful forested area. The trail is well-maintained and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
Another popular attraction in Coxheath is the Coxheath Hills and Trails Park. This park offers a variety of activities, including hiking, mountain biking, and snowshoeing. The park also has picnic areas and a playground for children.
For those interested in history, the Coxheath Heritage Museum is a must-visit. The museum showcases the history of the community and its people, including the Mi'kmaq First Nation.
Coxheath is home to several beautiful lakes, including Coxheath Lake and Blacketts Lake. These lakes offer opportunities for swimming, fishing, and boating.
The community is also located near the Bras d'Or Lake, which is a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. The lake is a popular spot for sailing and kayaking.
Coxheath is home to several festivals throughout the year. One of the most popular is the Coxheath Agricultural Exhibition, which takes place in August. The exhibition features livestock shows, agricultural displays, and a variety of food vendors.
Another popular festival is the Coxheath Christmas Craft Fair, which takes place in November. The fair features local artisans and crafters selling their wares.
Coxheath was established in the early 1800s by Scottish immigrants. The community was named after a town in Scotland. Coxheath was incorporated as a village in 1968 and became part of the Cape Breton Regional Municipality in 1995.
Coxheath, Nova Scotia may be a small community, but it offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders for tourists to explore. From hiking trails and lakes to festivals and museums, Coxheath has something for everyone. Whether you're interested in history, outdoor activities, or just relaxing by the water, Coxheath is a hidden gem worth visiting.
- Cape Breton Regional Municipality. (n.d.). Coxheath Hills and Trails Park. Retrieved from https://www.cbrm.ns.ca/coxheath-hills-and-trails-park.html
- Coxheath Agricultural Exhibition. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.coxheathagriculturalexhibition.com/
- Coxheath Heritage Museum. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.coxheathheritagemuseum.ca/
- Destination Cape Breton. (n.d.). Coxheath Hills Wilderness Trail. Retrieved from https://www.cbisland.com/things-to-do/coxheath-hills-wilderness-trail/
- Nova Scotia. (n.d.). Bras d'Or Lake Biosphere Reserve. Retrieved from https://brasdorlakebiosphere.ca/
- Nova Scotia. (n.d.). Coxheath Lake Provincial Park. Retrieved from https://parks.novascotia.ca/content/coxheath-lake-provincial-park