Cole Harbour: A Hidden Gem in Nova Scotia
Cole Harbour, located in the Halifax Regional Municipality, is a charming community that offers visitors a unique blend of natural beauty, history, and culture. From its picturesque parks and lakes to its fascinating museums and festivals, Cole Harbour has something for everyone.
One of the most popular attractions in Cole Harbour is the Cole Harbour Heritage Farm Museum. This living history museum offers visitors a glimpse into the life of a 19th-century farm family. Visitors can explore the farm's historic buildings, gardens, and farm animals, and participate in hands-on activities such as butter churning and wool spinning.
Another must-see attraction in Cole Harbour is the Salt Marsh Trail. This scenic trail winds through a salt marsh and offers stunning views of the Halifax Harbour. Visitors can hike, bike, or jog along the trail, and enjoy the fresh sea air and beautiful scenery.
For those interested in sports, the Cole Harbour Place is a state-of-the-art sports and recreation facility that offers a variety of activities, including ice skating, swimming, and fitness classes.
Cole Harbour is home to several beautiful parks and lakes, including Bissett Lake, Morris Lake, and Cole Harbour-Lawrencetown Coastal Heritage Park. These parks offer visitors the opportunity to hike, swim, fish, and enjoy the great outdoors.
Cole Harbour is known for its vibrant community festivals, including the Cole Harbour Harvest Festival and the Cole Harbour Winterfest. These festivals celebrate the community's rich history and culture, and offer visitors a chance to enjoy live music, food, and entertainment.
Cole Harbour was established in the early 1800s, and was named after a British naval officer, Captain Samuel Cole. The community was officially incorporated in 1977, and has since grown into a thriving suburb of Halifax.
Whether you're interested in history, nature, or culture, Cole Harbour has something to offer. With its beautiful parks, fascinating museums, and lively festivals, this hidden gem in Nova Scotia is definitely worth a visit.
- "Cole Harbour Heritage Farm Museum." Cole Harbour Heritage Farm Museum, www.coleharbourfarmmuseum.ca/.
- "Salt Marsh Trail." Halifax Trails, www.halifaxtrails.ca/index_files/SaltMarshTrail.htm.
- "Cole Harbour Place." Cole Harbour Place, www.coleharbourplace.com/.
- "Bissett Lake." Halifax Trails, www.halifaxtrails.ca/index_files/BissettLake.htm.
- "Morris Lake." Halifax Trails, www.halifaxtrails.ca/index_files/MorrisLake.htm.
- "Cole Harbour-Lawrencetown Coastal Heritage Park." Nova Scotia Provincial Parks, novascotia.ca/natr/parks/coastal.asp.