Arnolds Cove: A Hidden Gem in Newfoundland-Labrador
Arnolds Cove is a small community located in the eastern part of Newfoundland-Labrador, Canada. It is a hidden gem that offers visitors a unique experience of Newfoundland-Labrador's natural beauty and rich culture. The community is surrounded by stunning landscapes, including rugged coastlines, pristine lakes, and rolling hills. Arnolds Cove is a perfect destination for those who want to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and immerse themselves in nature.
Attractions and Natural Wonders
Arnolds Cove has a lot to offer to visitors who love the outdoors. Here are some of the top attractions and natural wonders in the community:
Whale Watching: Arnolds Cove is a great place to go whale watching. Visitors can see humpback whales, minke whales, and fin whales in their natural habitat. The best time to go whale watching is from May to September.
Hiking Trails: There are several hiking trails in Arnolds Cove that offer stunning views of the surrounding landscapes. The most popular trails are the Fox Island Trail and the Cape Pond Trail.
Parks and Lakes: The community has several parks and lakes that are perfect for picnics, swimming, and fishing. The most popular parks are the Lions Club Park and the Seaview Park.
Roadside Attractions: Arnolds Cove has several roadside attractions that are worth a visit. The most popular ones are the Giant Squid Statue and the Oil Rig Monument.
Festivals: The community hosts several festivals throughout the year, including the Arnolds Cove Days Festival and the Whale Festival.
History of Arnolds Cove
Arnolds Cove was established in the early 1900s as a fishing village. The community was named after a local fisherman, Arnold Chislett, who was one of the first settlers in the area. The community was officially incorporated in 1972.
Arnolds Cove has a rich history of fishing and shipbuilding. The community was once home to several shipyards that built wooden schooners and fishing boats. Today, the fishing industry is still an important part of the local economy.
Arnolds Cove is a hidden gem in Newfoundland-Labrador that offers visitors a unique experience of the province's natural beauty and rich culture. The community has a lot to offer to those who love the outdoors, including whale watching, hiking trails, parks, lakes, and roadside attractions. Arnolds Cove's rich history of fishing and shipbuilding adds to its charm and makes it a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Newfoundland-Labrador.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism. (n.d.). Arnolds Cove. Retrieved from https://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/plan-and-book/attractions/211799
- Town of Arnolds Cove. (n.d.). About Arnolds Cove. Retrieved from https://www.townofarnoldscove.com/about-arnolds-cove
- Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage. (n.d.). Arnolds Cove. Retrieved from https://www.heritage.nf.ca/articles/settlement/arnolds-cove.php
- Newfoundland and Labrador Whale Pavilion. (n.d.). Whale Watching. Retrieved from https://www.whalepavilion.com/whale-watching
- Newfoundland and Labrador Parks and Natural Areas. (n.d.). Lions Club Park. Retrieved from https://www.gov.nl.ca/parks/parks/lions-club-park/
- Newfoundland and Labrador Parks and Natural Areas. (n.d.). Cape Pond Trail. Retrieved from https://www.gov.nl.ca/parks/parks/cape-pond-trail/
- Newfoundland and Labrador Parks and Natural Areas. (n.d.). Seaview Park. Retrieved from https://www.gov.nl.ca/parks/parks/seaview-park/