Maugerville, New Brunswick: A Hidden Gem for Travel and Tourism
Maugerville is a small community located in the province of New Brunswick, Canada. Despite its size, Maugerville has a lot to offer for tourists who are looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. From natural wonders to historical landmarks, Maugerville has something for everyone.
Maugerville Heritage Church
The Maugerville Heritage Church is a historical landmark that was built in 1845. It is one of the oldest churches in New Brunswick and is still in use today. The church is open to visitors who want to learn about its history and architecture.
Maugerville Beach is a small but beautiful beach located on the Saint John River. It is a popular spot for swimming, fishing, and picnicking. The beach is surrounded by trees, making it a great place to relax and enjoy nature.
The Maugerville Lookout is a scenic viewpoint that offers a panoramic view of the Saint John River. It is a great spot for taking photos and enjoying the beauty of the surrounding landscape.
Maugerville Walking Trail
The Maugerville Walking Trail is a 2.5 km trail that winds through the woods and along the Saint John River. It is a great place for hiking, jogging, and biking. The trail is well-maintained and offers beautiful views of the river.
Maugerville Winter Carnival
The Maugerville Winter Carnival is an annual event that takes place in February. It features a variety of winter activities, including ice skating, snowshoeing, and sleigh rides. There are also food vendors and live music.
Maugerville Harvest Festival
The Maugerville Harvest Festival is an annual event that takes place in September. It celebrates the harvest season with a variety of activities, including a farmers' market, live music, and a pumpkin carving contest.
Maugerville was established in 1765 by a group of settlers from Massachusetts. The community was named after Colonel Isaac de Razilly, who was the governor of Acadia in the 1630s. Maugerville was officially incorporated as a village in 1966.
Maugerville may be a small community, but it has a lot to offer for tourists who are looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. From historical landmarks to natural wonders, Maugerville has something for everyone. Whether you're interested in hiking, fishing, or just enjoying the beauty of nature, Maugerville is the perfect destination for your next vacation.
- "Maugerville Heritage Church." Tourism New Brunswick. https://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/Products/M/Maugerville-Heritage-Church.aspx
- "Maugerville Beach." Tourism New Brunswick. https://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/Products/M/Maugerville-Beach.aspx
- "Maugerville Lookout." Tourism New Brunswick. https://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/Products/M/Maugerville-Lookout.aspx
- "Maugerville Walking Trail." Tourism New Brunswick. https://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/Products/M/Maugerville-Walking-Trail.aspx
- "Maugerville Winter Carnival." Village of Maugerville. http://www.maugerville.ca/winter-carnival.html
- "Maugerville Harvest Festival." Village of Maugerville. http://www.maugerville.ca/harvest-festival.html