Ste Rose Du Lac: A Hidden Gem in Manitoba
Ste Rose Du Lac is a small community located in the Parkland region of Manitoba, Canada. Despite its size, it offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders that make it a must-visit destination for tourists. From parks and lakes to festivals and roadside attractions, Ste Rose Du Lac has something for everyone.
- Ste Rose Golf Club: This 9-hole golf course is perfect for golf enthusiasts of all levels. It offers a challenging course with beautiful views of the surrounding area.
- Ste Rose Curling Club: This club offers a fun and unique experience for visitors. Whether you're a seasoned curler or a beginner, you'll enjoy the friendly atmosphere and competitive spirit of the club.
- Ste Rose Community Centre: This centre hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, dances, and community gatherings. It's a great place to meet locals and experience the culture of Ste Rose Du Lac.
- Ste Rose Heritage Church: This historic church is a must-see for visitors. Built in 1912, it features beautiful stained glass windows and a unique architecture that reflects the history of the community.
- Ste Rose Wildlife Management Area: This area is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, moose, and waterfowl. It's a great place for nature lovers to explore and observe the local wildlife.
- Ste Rose Sandhills: This unique landscape features rolling sand dunes that are a rare sight in Manitoba. Visitors can hike or bike through the sandhills and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Ste Rose Lake: This lake is a popular spot for fishing and boating. It's also a great place to relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Ste Rose Agricultural Fair: This annual fair celebrates the agricultural heritage of the community. Visitors can enjoy livestock shows, agricultural exhibits, and a variety of food and entertainment.
- Ste Rose Winter Festival: This festival takes place in February and features a variety of winter activities, including ice fishing, snowmobiling, and snowshoeing. Visitors can also enjoy live music and delicious food.
- Ste Rose Giant Tiger: This iconic statue of a tiger is a popular photo spot for visitors. It's located outside the local Giant Tiger store and is a fun and quirky attraction.
- Ste Rose Grain Elevators: These historic grain elevators are a reminder of the community's agricultural roots. Visitors can take a tour and learn about the history of the elevators and their importance to the community.
Ste Rose Du Lac was established in 1885 by Father Jean-Marie-Joseph Lestanc. The community was named after Saint Rose of Lima, the patron saint of the community's first settlers. Ste Rose Du Lac was officially incorporated as a village in 1907 and became a town in 1966. The community has a rich history of agriculture and has been an important hub for grain transportation in the region.
Ste Rose Du Lac may be a small community, but it offers a wealth of attractions and natural wonders that make it a must-visit destination for tourists. From golfing and curling to hiking and fishing, there's something for everyone in Ste Rose Du Lac. Visitors can also enjoy the unique culture and history of the community through its festivals and roadside attractions. Ste Rose Du Lac is a hidden gem in Manitoba that's waiting to be discovered.
- Travel Manitoba. (n.d.). Ste Rose Du Lac. Retrieved from https://www.travelmanitoba.com/places-to-go/parkland/ste-rose-du-lac/
- Ste Rose Du Lac. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.sterosedulacmb.com/
- Manitoba Historical Society. (n.d.). Ste Rose du Lac. Retrieved from http://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/municipalities/sterosedulac.shtml
- Manitoba Agriculture and Resource Development. (n.d.). Ste Rose du Lac. Retrieved from https://www.gov.mb.ca/agriculture/rural-communities/ste-rose-du-lac.html
- Ste Rose du Lac Golf Club. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://sterosegolfclub.ca/
- Ste Rose Curling Club. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/SteRoseCurlingClub/