Ste Anne, Manitoba: A Hidden Gem in Canada's Prairies
Ste Anne, Manitoba is a small community located in the southeastern part of the province, about 40 kilometers southeast of Winnipeg. Despite its small size, Ste Anne has a lot to offer visitors, from natural wonders to cultural attractions. In this article, we will explore some of the top things to see and do in Ste Anne, as well as its rich history.
Seine River Trail
The Seine River Trail is a popular hiking and biking trail that runs along the Seine River, offering stunning views of the surrounding prairie landscape. The trail is about 10 kilometers long and is suitable for all skill levels.
Ste Anne Heritage Park
The Ste Anne Heritage Park is a must-visit for anyone interested in the history of the area. The park features a number of historic buildings, including a schoolhouse, a church, and a blacksmith shop, as well as a museum that showcases the history of the community.
St. Anne's Church
St. Anne's Church is a beautiful historic church that dates back to 1859. The church is still in use today and is a popular spot for weddings and other events.
Ste Anne Farmers' Market
The Ste Anne Farmers' Market is a great place to sample local produce and crafts. The market is open every Saturday from May to October and features a wide variety of vendors.
Seine River Suspension Bridge
The Seine River Suspension Bridge is a pedestrian bridge that spans the Seine River. The bridge offers stunning views of the river and the surrounding landscape.
Ste Anne was established in 1856 by a group of French-Canadian settlers led by Father Noël-Joseph Ritchot. The community was named after Saint Anne, the patron saint of the Métis people. Ste Anne was officially incorporated as a village in 1907.
Ste Anne, Manitoba may be a small community, but it has a lot to offer visitors. From the Seine River Trail to the Ste Anne Heritage Park, there is something for everyone in this hidden gem of Canada's prairies.
- "Ste Anne Heritage Park." Manitoba Historical Society. https://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/sites/steannepark.shtml
- "St. Anne's Church." Manitoba Historical Society. https://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/sites/stanneschurch.shtml
- "Seine River Suspension Bridge." Manitoba Historical Society. https://www.mhs.mb.ca/docs/sites/seineriversuspensionbridge.shtml
- "Seine River Trail." AllTrails. https://www.alltrails.com/trail/canada/manitoba/seine-river-trail
- "Ste Anne Farmers' Market." Travel Manitoba. https://www.travelmanitoba.com/listings/ste-anne-farmers-market/10168/
- "Ste Anne, Manitoba." Encyclopedia of Manitoba. https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/ste-anne-manitoba