Erickson, Manitoba: A Hidden Gem in Canada
Erickson, Manitoba is a small community located in the western part of the province. Despite its size, it offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders that make it a great destination for tourists. In this article, we will explore some of the best things to see and do in Erickson, Manitoba.
Erickson Heritage Museum
The Erickson Heritage Museum is a must-visit attraction for anyone interested in the history of the area. The museum features exhibits on the early settlers of the region, as well as displays on the local agriculture and forestry industries. Visitors can also see artifacts from the area's Indigenous communities.
Erickson Golf Course
The Erickson Golf Course is a beautiful 9-hole course that offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. The course is well-maintained and offers a challenging round of golf for players of all skill levels.
Erickson Farmers Market
The Erickson Farmers Market is a great place to pick up fresh produce and handmade crafts. The market is open on Saturdays from June to September and features vendors from the local area.
Erickson Community Centre
The Erickson Community Centre is a hub of activity in the community. It hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, dances, and community suppers.
Riding Mountain National Park
Riding Mountain National Park is located just a short drive from Erickson and offers a variety of outdoor activities. Visitors can hike, bike, or horseback ride on the park's many trails, or take a scenic drive through the park's beautiful landscape.
Lake Audy is a popular spot for fishing and boating. The lake is stocked with trout and offers a peaceful setting for a day on the water.
Duck Mountain Provincial Park
Duck Mountain Provincial Park is another nearby destination for outdoor enthusiasts. The park offers hiking trails, camping facilities, and a variety of water activities on its many lakes.
Erickson Sunflower Festival
The Erickson Sunflower Festival is held annually in August and celebrates the area's agricultural heritage. The festival features a parade, live music, and a variety of food and craft vendors.
Erickson Winter Festival
The Erickson Winter Festival is held annually in February and offers a variety of winter activities, including ice fishing, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing. The festival also features a snowmobile poker derby and a chili cook-off.
Erickson was established in 1886 by Swedish settlers who were attracted to the area's fertile soil and abundant timber resources. The community was named after John Erickson, one of the early settlers who played a key role in the development of the area. Erickson was officially incorporated as a village in 1907.
Erickson, Manitoba may be a small community, but it offers a wealth of attractions and natural wonders for visitors to explore. Whether you're interested in history, outdoor activities, or local festivals, Erickson has something to offer. So why not plan a visit to this hidden gem in Canada's western prairies?
- "Erickson Heritage Museum." Travel Manitoba. https://www.travelmanitoba.com/listings/erickson-heritage-museum/1007/
- "Erickson Golf Course." Golf Manitoba. https://golfmb.ca/courses/erickson-golf-course/
- "Erickson Farmers Market." Manitoba Farmers Market Association. https://www.mfma.ca/markets/erickson-farmers-market/
- "Erickson Community Centre." Municipality of Clanwilliam-Erickson. https://www.clanwilliamerickson.ca/parks-recreation/erickson-community-centre/
- "Riding Mountain National Park." Parks Canada. https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/mb/riding
- "Duck Mountain Provincial Park." Travel Manitoba. https://www.travelmanitoba.com/listings/duck-mountain-provincial-park/1008/
- "Erickson Sunflower Festival." Travel Manitoba. https://www.travelmanitoba.com/event/erickson-sunflower-festival/61434/
- "Erickson Winter Festival." Travel Manitoba. https://www.travelmanitoba.com/event/erickson-winter-festival/61435/