Clinton, British Columbia: A Hidden Gem in the Cariboo Region
Nestled in the heart of the Cariboo region, Clinton is a small community with a big heart. Known for its stunning natural beauty, friendly locals, and rich history, Clinton is a must-visit destination for anyone looking to experience the best of British Columbia.
Attractions and Natural Wonders
Clinton is home to a number of attractions and natural wonders that are sure to delight visitors of all ages. Some of the top things to see and do in Clinton include:
- Clinton Museum: Learn about the history of Clinton and the Cariboo region at this fascinating museum, which features exhibits on everything from gold mining to the local railway.
- Reg Conn Centennial Park: This beautiful park is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the great outdoors. With picnic areas, walking trails, and stunning views of the surrounding mountains, it's a great spot for a family outing.
- Big Bar Lake Provincial Park: Just a short drive from Clinton, this park is a popular destination for fishing, swimming, and boating. With its crystal-clear waters and beautiful scenery, it's a must-visit for anyone who loves the outdoors.
- Clinton Trail Rides: Explore the stunning countryside around Clinton on horseback with a guided trail ride. Whether you're an experienced rider or a beginner, this is a great way to experience the beauty of the Cariboo region.
- Clinton Annual Ball: Held every year in August, this popular event is a celebration of Clinton's rich history and culture. With live music, dancing, and plenty of food and drink, it's a great way to experience the local community spirit.
History of Clinton
Clinton was founded in the late 1800s as a stop on the Cariboo Wagon Road, which was used by gold rush prospectors to travel from the coast to the gold fields in the interior of British Columbia. The community was named after Henry Fiennes Pelham Clinton, who was the Governor of the Hudson's Bay Company from 1860 to 1863.
Clinton was officially incorporated as a village in 1963, and has since grown into a thriving community with a population of around 650 people. Today, Clinton is known for its rich history, stunning natural beauty, and friendly locals.
Whether you're looking to explore the great outdoors, learn about the history of British Columbia, or simply relax and enjoy the local community spirit, Clinton has something for everyone. With its stunning natural beauty, friendly locals, and rich history, it's a must-visit destination for anyone looking to experience the best of British Columbia.
- "Clinton, British Columbia." Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 22 June 2021.
- "Clinton Museum." Clinton Museum, Clinton and District Historical Society.
- "Reg Conn Centennial Park." Village of Clinton, 2021.
- "Big Bar Lake Provincial Park." BC Parks, Government of British Columbia.
- "Clinton Trail Rides." Clinton Trail Rides, 2021.
- "Clinton Annual Ball." Village of Clinton, 2021.