Legal, Alberta: A Hidden Gem in Canada
Legal, Alberta is a small town located in the province of Alberta, Canada. It is situated approximately 45 kilometers north of Edmonton and has a population of just over 1,200 people. Despite its small size, Legal has a lot to offer visitors who are looking for a unique and authentic Canadian experience.
Legal is home to several attractions that are worth visiting. These include:
The Legal Museum: This museum showcases the history of the town and the surrounding area. It features exhibits on the town's early settlers, the local agriculture industry, and the impact of the railroad on the community.
The Legal Outdoor Pool: This outdoor pool is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike during the summer months. It features a large swimming area, a diving board, and a water slide.
The Legal Skate Park: This skate park is a great place for skateboarders and BMX riders to practice their skills. It features a variety of ramps, rails, and other obstacles.
The Legal Farmers' Market: This market is held every Saturday during the summer months and features a variety of locally grown produce, handmade crafts, and other goods.
Legal is also home to several natural wonders that are worth exploring. These include:
The Sturgeon River: This river runs through the town and is a popular spot for fishing, kayaking, and canoeing.
The Legal Nature Trail: This trail winds through the town and offers visitors a chance to see a variety of local wildlife, including birds, deer, and beavers.
The Legal Wetlands: These wetlands are home to a variety of plant and animal species and are a great place for nature lovers to explore.
Legal is known for its vibrant festival scene. Some of the town's most popular festivals include:
The Legal Fête au Village: This festival is held every August and features live music, food vendors, and a variety of family-friendly activities.
The Legal Christmas Festival: This festival is held every December and features a parade, a tree lighting ceremony, and other holiday-themed activities.
Legal was founded in 1894 by Father Lacombe, a Catholic missionary who established a mission in the area. The town was named after Emile Legal, a prominent businessman who helped to fund the construction of the local church. Legal was officially incorporated as a village in 1918.
Legal, Alberta may be a small town, but it has a lot to offer visitors who are looking for an authentic Canadian experience. From its museums and outdoor attractions to its vibrant festival scene, there is something for everyone in Legal.
- "Legal, Alberta." Travel Alberta. https://www.travelalberta.com/ca/places-to-go/northern-alberta/legal/
- "Legal Museum." Town of Legal. https://www.legal.ca/visitors/legal-museum
- "Legal Outdoor Pool." Town of Legal. https://www.legal.ca/visitors/legal-outdoor-pool
- "Legal Skate Park." Town of Legal. https://www.legal.ca/visitors/legal-skate-park
- "Legal Farmers' Market." Town of Legal. https://www.legal.ca/visitors/legal-farmers-market
- "Sturgeon River." Town of Legal. https://www.legal.ca/visitors/sturgeon-river
- "Legal Nature Trail." Town of Legal. https://www.legal.ca/visitors/legal-nature-trail
- "Legal Wetlands." Town of Legal. https://www.legal.ca/visitors/legal-wetlands
- "Legal Fête au Village." Town of Legal. https://www.legal.ca/visitors/legal-fete-au-village
- "Legal Christmas Festival." Town of Legal. https://www.legal.ca/visitors/legal-christmas-festival