Langdon, Alberta: A Hidden Gem in the Canadian Prairies
Langdon, Alberta is a small community located in the southern part of the province, just east of Calgary. Despite its size, Langdon has a lot to offer visitors who are looking for a quiet and peaceful getaway. From natural wonders to cultural attractions, Langdon has something for everyone.
Langdon Community Park
Langdon Community Park is a great place to spend a day with family and friends. The park features a playground, picnic areas, and a baseball diamond. There is also a walking trail that winds through the park and offers great views of the surrounding countryside.
Langdon Days is an annual festival that takes place in August. The festival features a parade, live music, food vendors, and a beer garden. There are also activities for kids, including a petting zoo and bouncy castles.
Langdon Golf Course
The Langdon Golf Course is a 9-hole course that offers a challenging round of golf for players of all skill levels. The course is surrounded by beautiful scenery and is a great place to spend a day outdoors.
Langdon Lake is a small lake located just outside of town. The lake is a popular spot for fishing and boating, and there are several picnic areas around the lake for visitors to enjoy.
The Bow River runs through Langdon and is a popular spot for fishing and kayaking. The river is also home to a variety of wildlife, including bald eagles and beavers.
The prairie grasslands surrounding Langdon are a beautiful sight to behold. Visitors can take a drive through the countryside and enjoy the rolling hills and wide-open spaces.
Langdon was established in 1908 by a group of settlers who were looking for land to farm. The community was named after R.B. Langdon, who was a prominent businessman in the area. Langdon was officially incorporated as a village in 1912 and became a town in 1980.
Langdon, Alberta may be a small community, but it has a lot to offer visitors who are looking for a peaceful and relaxing getaway. From the natural wonders of the Bow River and prairie grasslands to the cultural attractions of Langdon Days and the Langdon Golf Course, there is something for everyone in Langdon.
- "Langdon, Alberta." Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 22 June 2021, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langdon,_Alberta.
- "Langdon Community Park." Rocky View County, 2021, www.rockyview.ca/RecreationCommunityServices/Parks/Pages/Langdon-Community-Park.aspx.
- "Langdon Days." Langdon Days, 2021, www.langdondays.com/.
- "Langdon Golf Course." Langdon Golf Course, 2021, www.langdongolf.com/.
- "Langdon Lake." Alberta Fishing Guide, 2021, www.albertafishingguide.com/waterbodies/langdon-lake/.
- "Bow River." Alberta Fishing Guide, 2021, www.albertafishingguide.com/waterbodies/bow-river/.