St-Barnabe-Nord: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Nestled in the heart of Quebec, St-Barnabe-Nord is a small community that offers visitors a unique experience. From its natural wonders to its rich history, there is something for everyone in this hidden gem.
St-Barnabe-Nord is home to several attractions that are worth visiting. These include:
Parc des Chutes de St-Barnabe-Nord: This park is home to a stunning waterfall that is a must-see for visitors. The park also offers hiking trails and picnic areas.
Lac des Iles: This lake is perfect for swimming, fishing, and boating. Visitors can also enjoy a picnic on the shore.
Sentier des Caps: This trail offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and is perfect for hiking and biking.
La Ferme du Petit Moulin: This farm offers visitors the chance to see farm animals up close and learn about agriculture.
St-Barnabe-Nord is surrounded by natural wonders that are sure to impress visitors. These include:
Montagne du Tranchant: This mountain offers stunning views of the surrounding area and is perfect for hiking.
Riviere Noire: This river is perfect for fishing and kayaking.
Parc Regional de la Foret Ouareau: This park offers visitors the chance to explore the forest and see wildlife up close.
St-Barnabe-Nord is home to several festivals throughout the year. These include:
Festival de la St-Jean-Baptiste: This festival celebrates Quebec's national holiday with music, food, and fireworks.
Festival des Couleurs: This festival celebrates the changing of the leaves in the fall with music, food, and outdoor activities.
St-Barnabe-Nord was established in 1863 by Francois-Xavier-Antoine Labelle. The community was incorporated in 1916. Labelle was a priest and a politician who played a key role in the development of the region. He is known as the "King of the North" for his efforts to settle the area.
St-Barnabe-Nord is a hidden gem in Quebec that offers visitors a unique experience. From its natural wonders to its rich history, there is something for everyone in this small community.
- Parc des Chutes de St-Barnabe-Nord. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.lanaudiere.ca/en/activities-lanaudiere/park-garden-zoo/parc-des-chutes-de-st-barnabe-nord/
- Lac des Iles. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.lanaudiere.ca/en/activities-lanaudiere/lake-beach/lac-des-iles/
- Sentier des Caps. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.lanaudiere.ca/en/activities-lanaudiere/hiking/sentier-des-caps/
- La Ferme du Petit Moulin. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.lanaudiere.ca/en/activities-lanaudiere/farm/la-ferme-du-petit-moulin/
- Montagne du Tranchant. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.lanaudiere.ca/en/activities-lanaudiere/hiking/montagne-du-tranchant/
- Riviere Noire. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.lanaudiere.ca/en/activities-lanaudiere/river/riviere-noire/
- Parc Regional de la Foret Ouareau. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.lanaudiere.ca/en/activities-lanaudiere/park-garden-zoo/parc-regional-de-la-foret-ouareau/
- Festival de la St-Jean-Baptiste. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.lanaudiere.ca/en/festivals-and-events/festival-de-la-st-jean-baptiste/
- Festival des Couleurs. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.lanaudiere.ca/en/festivals-and-events/festival-des-couleurs/