Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Nestled in the Laurentian Mountains, Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs is a charming community located just 60 kilometers north of Montreal. With its picturesque landscapes, pristine lakes, and vibrant culture, this hidden gem is a must-visit destination for anyone looking to experience the beauty of Quebec.
Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs offers a variety of attractions for visitors to enjoy. Here are some of the top attractions in the area:
- Parc des Falaises: This park offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and is a popular spot for hiking and picnicking.
- Lac Marois: This beautiful lake is perfect for swimming, boating, and fishing.
- Les Jardins du Précambrien: This botanical garden showcases the unique flora of the Laurentian Mountains.
- La Route des Belles-Histoires: This scenic drive takes visitors through the history and culture of the region.
- Festival des Arts de Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs: This annual festival celebrates the arts and culture of the community.
Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs is home to some of the most beautiful natural wonders in Quebec. Here are some of the top natural wonders in the area:
- Mont Saint-Sauveur: This mountain offers breathtaking views of the surrounding area and is a popular spot for skiing and snowboarding in the winter.
- Parc national d'Oka: This park offers a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, camping, and swimming.
- Lac des Sables: This stunning lake is perfect for swimming, boating, and fishing.
- Mont-Tremblant National Park: This park offers a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, camping, and skiing.
Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs was established in 1855 and was incorporated as a municipality in 1910. The community was founded by Father Louis-Marie Parent, who was a missionary in the area. Father Parent built a chapel in the community, which still stands today and is a popular tourist attraction.
Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs is a hidden gem in Quebec that offers visitors a unique blend of natural beauty and cultural heritage. With its stunning landscapes, vibrant culture, and rich history, this community is a must-visit destination for anyone looking to experience the beauty of Quebec.
- "Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/heritage-sites-and-attractions/cities-and-towns/sainte-anne-des-lacs-2382387
- "Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs." Laurentians. https://www.laurentides.com/en/municipalities/sainte-anne-des-lacs
- "Parc des Falaises." Laurentians. https://www.laurentides.com/en/activities/parc-des-falaises
- "Lac Marois." Laurentians. https://www.laurentides.com/en/activities/lac-marois
- "Les Jardins du Précambrien." Laurentians. https://www.laurentides.com/en/activities/les-jardins-du-precambrien
- "La Route des Belles-Histoires." Laurentians. https://www.laurentides.com/en/activities/la-route-des-belles-histoires
- "Festival des Arts de Sainte-Anne-des-Lacs." Laurentians. https://www.laurentides.com/en/activities/festival-des-arts-de-sainte-anne-des-lacs
- "Mont Saint-Sauveur." Laurentians. https://www.laurentides.com/en/activities/mont-saint-sauveur
- "Parc national d'Oka." SEPAQ. https://www.sepaq.com/pq/oka/index.dot?language_id=1
- "Lac des Sables." Laurentians. https://www.laurentides.com/en/activities/lac-des-sables
- "Mont-Tremblant National Park." SEPAQ. https://www.sepaq.com/pq/mot/index.dot?language_id=1