Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade is a small community located in the province of Quebec, Canada. It is situated on the north shore of the Saint Lawrence River, approximately 150 kilometers northeast of Montreal. Despite its small size, Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade is a popular destination for tourists who are looking for a peaceful and relaxing getaway. The community is known for its natural beauty, outdoor activities, and cultural events.
Attractions and Natural Wonders
Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade is home to several attractions and natural wonders that are worth visiting. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Les Chutes de la Petite Rivière Bostonnais: This waterfall is located in the nearby town of Saint-Tite, and it is a popular spot for hiking and picnicking.
- Parc des Chutes de Sainte-Anne: This park is located in the heart of Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade, and it features a beautiful waterfall, hiking trails, and picnic areas.
- Domaine de la Forêt Perdue: This outdoor adventure park is located just outside of Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade, and it offers activities such as zip-lining, tree-top trekking, and snowshoeing.
- Lac Saint-Pierre: This lake is located just south of Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade, and it is a popular spot for fishing, boating, and bird-watching.
- Festival de la Pêche: This annual festival takes place in February, and it celebrates the community's fishing heritage. Visitors can participate in ice fishing, watch ice canoe races, and enjoy traditional Quebecois food and music.
Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade was founded in 1665 by Jean-Baptiste de La Croix de Chevrières de Saint-Vallier, who was the bishop of Quebec at the time. The community was named after Saint Anne, the mother of the Virgin Mary. Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade was officially incorporated as a municipality in 1855.
Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade may be a small community, but it has a lot to offer visitors who are looking for a peaceful and relaxing getaway. From its natural wonders to its cultural events, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you are interested in hiking, fishing, or simply taking in the beautiful scenery, Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade is definitely worth a visit.
- "Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/heritage-sites-and-attractions/cities-and-towns/sainte-anne-de-la-perade-2382387
- "Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade." Tourisme Mauricie. https://www.tourismemauricie.com/en/our-destinations/sainte-anne-de-la-perade/
- "Sainte-Anne-de-la-Perade." Quebec Region. https://www.quebecregion.com/en/businesses/attractions/sainte-anne-de-la-perade/
- "Parc des Chutes de Sainte-Anne." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/heritage-sites-and-attractions/natural-sites/parks-and-gardens/parc-des-chutes-de-sainte-anne-2382388
- "Domaine de la Forêt Perdue." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/outdoor-and-adventure-centres/domaine-de-la-foret-perdue-2382390
- "Lac Saint-Pierre." Quebec Original. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/natural-sites/lakes-and-rivers/lac-saint-pierre-2382391