Saint-Zacharie: A Hidden Gem in Quebec
Saint-Zacharie is a small community located in the Chaudière-Appalaches region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, it offers a variety of attractions and natural wonders that make it a must-visit destination for tourists. From parks and lakes to trails and festivals, Saint-Zacharie has something for everyone.
One of the most popular attractions in Saint-Zacharie is the Parc des Chutes-de-la-Chaudière. This park features a stunning waterfall that drops 35 meters into the Chaudière River. Visitors can hike along the river, have a picnic, or simply enjoy the view. Another popular attraction is the Église de Saint-Zacharie, a beautiful church that dates back to the 19th century.
Saint-Zacharie is home to several natural wonders that are worth exploring. The Parc régional du Massif du Sud is a vast wilderness area that offers hiking, camping, and wildlife viewing opportunities. The Lac-Etchemin is a beautiful lake that is perfect for swimming, boating, and fishing. The Sentier des Caps de Charlevoix is a scenic trail that offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and forests.
Saint-Zacharie is known for its lively festivals and events. The Festival de la Truite Mouchetée is a popular fishing festival that takes place every summer. The Festival de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste is a celebration of Quebec's national holiday and features live music, food, and fireworks. The Festival des Couleurs is a fall festival that celebrates the changing of the leaves and features local artisans, food vendors, and live music.
Saint-Zacharie was founded in 1864 by Zacharie Bolduc, a farmer and entrepreneur. The community was officially incorporated in 1912 and has since grown into a thriving town. Today, Saint-Zacharie is home to over 2,000 residents and is known for its strong sense of community and rich history.
Saint-Zacharie may be a small community, but it offers a wealth of attractions and natural wonders that make it a must-visit destination for tourists. Whether you're looking to hike, fish, or simply relax and enjoy the scenery, Saint-Zacharie has something for everyone.
- "Parc des Chutes-de-la-Chaudière." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/parks-and-natural-sites/parc-des-chutes-de-la-chaudiere-1160007
- "Église de Saint-Zacharie." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/heritage-sites-and-attractions/religious-buildings/eglise-de-saint-zacharie-1160008
- "Parc régional du Massif du Sud." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/parks-and-natural-sites/parc-regional-du-massif-du-sud-1160009
- "Lac-Etchemin." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/beaches-and-swimming/lac-etchemin-1160010
- "Sentier des Caps de Charlevoix." QuebecOriginal. https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/listing/things-to-do/sports-and-nature/hiking/sentier-des-caps-de-charlevoix-1160011
- "Festival de la Truite Mouchetée." Tourisme Chaudière-Appalaches. https://chaudiereappalaches.com/en/travel-quebec/etchemins/lac-etchemin/festival-de-la-truite-mouchetee/
- "Festival de la Saint-Jean-Baptiste." Tourisme Chaudière-Appalaches. https://chaudiereappalaches.com/en/travel-quebec/etchemins/lac-etchemin/festival-de-la-saint-jean-baptiste/
- "Festival des Couleurs." Tourisme Chaudière-Appalaches. https://chaudiereappalaches.com/en/travel-quebec/etchemins/lac-etchemin/festival-des-couleurs/