Naughton, Ontario: A Hidden Gem in Canada
Naughton, Ontario is a small community located in the Greater Sudbury area of Ontario, Canada. Despite its small size, Naughton has a lot to offer for tourists and travelers looking for a unique and authentic Canadian experience. From natural wonders to cultural attractions, Naughton has something for everyone.
Naughton Trail System
The Naughton Trail System is a network of trails that wind through the forests and wetlands surrounding Naughton. The trails are perfect for hiking, biking, and cross-country skiing, and offer stunning views of the surrounding landscape. The trail system is maintained by the Naughton Trail Association, and maps and information can be found on their website.
Lake Ramsey is a large lake located just north of Naughton. The lake is a popular spot for fishing, boating, and swimming, and is home to a variety of fish species, including walleye, pike, and bass. There are several public access points around the lake, and boat rentals are available from local outfitters.
Naughton Heritage Park
Naughton Heritage Park is a small park located in the heart of Naughton. The park features a playground, picnic area, and a small museum dedicated to the history of the community. The museum is open during the summer months, and admission is free.
Naughton Fall Fair
The Naughton Fall Fair is an annual event held in September. The fair features agricultural exhibits, live music, and a variety of food vendors. It is a great opportunity to experience the local culture and meet the friendly residents of Naughton.
Naughton was established in the late 1800s as a logging and mining community. The community was named after John Naughton, a local businessman who owned several logging camps in the area. In 1904, Naughton was officially incorporated as a village, and continued to grow as a hub for the mining and forestry industries.
Today, Naughton is a quiet and peaceful community, with a population of just over 1,000 residents. While the mining and forestry industries are still important to the local economy, Naughton has also become a popular destination for tourists and travelers looking for a unique Canadian experience.
Naughton, Ontario may be a small community, but it has a lot to offer for tourists and travelers looking for a unique and authentic Canadian experience. From the Naughton Trail System to Lake Ramsey, there are plenty of natural wonders to explore, and the Naughton Fall Fair is a great opportunity to experience the local culture. Whether you are looking for outdoor adventure or a quiet retreat, Naughton is the perfect destination.
- Naughton Trail Association. (n.d.). Naughton Trail System. Retrieved from http://www.naughtontrail.ca/
- Sudbury Tourism. (n.d.). Lake Ramsey. Retrieved from https://www.sudburytourism.ca/en/see-and-do/lake-ramsey.aspx
- Naughton Heritage Park. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.sudbury.com/directory/attractions/naughton-heritage-park-100/
- Naughton Fall Fair. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.ontariofairs.org/fairs/fairs-in-district-13/naughton-fall-fair/
- Greater Sudbury. (n.d.). Naughton. Retrieved from https://www.greatersudbury.ca/live/communities/naughton/
- Ontario Heritage Trust. (n.d.). Naughton. Retrieved from https://www.heritagetrust.on.ca/en/plaques/naughton