Millbrook, Ontario: A Hidden Gem for Travel and Tourism
Millbrook, Ontario is a small community located in the heart of the Kawartha Lakes region. With a population of just over 1,500 people, Millbrook is a hidden gem for travel and tourism in Canada. The community is known for its natural beauty, outdoor activities, and friendly locals. In this article, we will explore the attractions, natural wonders, parks, lakes, trails, roadside attractions, and festivals that make Millbrook a must-visit destination.
- 4th Line Theatre: This outdoor theatre company produces Canadian plays in a picturesque farm setting. The theatre is located on a 5th generation family farm and has been entertaining audiences for over 25 years.
- Millbrook Farmers' Market: This weekly market offers fresh produce, baked goods, and handmade crafts from local vendors. The market runs from May to October and is a great place to support local businesses.
- Millbrook Valley Trails: This network of trails offers scenic views of the Millbrook Valley. The trails are open year-round and are suitable for hiking, biking, and cross-country skiing.
- Millbrook and District Museum: This museum showcases the history of Millbrook and the surrounding area. The museum is housed in a restored 1830s log cabin and features exhibits on local agriculture, industry, and culture.
- Millbrook Pond: This small pond is located in the heart of Millbrook and is a popular spot for fishing and picnicking.
- Baxter Creek: This creek runs through Millbrook and is a great spot for fishing and canoeing.
- Millbrook Caves: These limestone caves are located just outside of Millbrook and are a popular spot for hiking and exploring.
- Cavan Swamp Wildlife Area: This park is located just outside of Millbrook and offers hiking trails and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Millbrook Lions Park: This park is located in the heart of Millbrook and features a playground, picnic area, and baseball diamond.
- Millbrook Conservation Area: This park offers hiking trails, fishing, and camping opportunities. The park is also home to a variety of wildlife, including beavers, otters, and herons.
- Rice Lake: This large lake is located just north of Millbrook and is a popular spot for fishing and boating.
- Pigeon Lake: This lake is located just south of Millbrook and is a popular spot for fishing and swimming.
- Chemong Lake: This lake is located just east of Millbrook and is a popular spot for boating and water sports.
- Millbrook Giant: This 20-foot-tall statue of a lumberjack is located on the outskirts of Millbrook and is a popular spot for photos.
- Millbrook Windmill: This historic windmill is located in the heart of Millbrook and is a popular spot for photos.
- Millbrook Fair: This annual fair features agricultural exhibits, live music, and carnival rides. The fair has been a tradition in Millbrook for over 160 years.
- Millbrook Zucchini Festival: This annual festival celebrates all things zucchini. The festival features zucchini-themed food, games, and activities.
Millbrook was established in 1820 by settler James Wallace. The community was incorporated as a village in 1855 and as a town in 1988. Millbrook was named after a town in England and was originally a farming community. Today, Millbrook is known for its natural beauty and outdoor activities.
Millbrook, Ontario is a hidden gem for travel and tourism in Canada. The community offers a variety of attractions, natural wonders, parks, lakes, trails, roadside attractions, and festivals that are sure to delight visitors. Whether you're looking for outdoor adventure or a relaxing getaway, Millbrook has something for everyone.
- 4th Line Theatre. (n.d.). About Us. Retrieved from http://www.4thlinetheatre.on.ca/about-us/
- Millbrook Farmers' Market. (n.d.). About Us. Retrieved from https://www.millbrookfarmersmarket.org/about-us
- Millbrook Valley Trails. (n.d.). Home. Retrieved from https://millbrookvalleytrails.com/
- Millbrook and District Museum. (n.d.). Home. Retrieved from https://www.millbrookmuseum.ca/
- Cavan Swamp Wildlife Area. (n.d.). Kawartha Conservation. Retrieved from https://kawarthaconservation.com/cavan-swamp-wildlife-area
- Millbrook Conservation Area. (n.d.). Kawartha Conservation. Retrieved from https://kawarthaconservation.com/millbrook-conservation-area
- Millbrook Fair. (n.d.). Home. Retrieved from https://www.millbrookfair.ca/
- Millbrook Zucchini Festival. (n.d.). Home. Retrieved from https://www.millbrookzucchinifestival.ca/