Salmon Cove Bdv: A Hidden Gem in Newfoundland-Labrador
Salmon Cove Bdv is a small community located in the eastern part of Newfoundland-Labrador, Canada. Despite its size, it is a popular destination for tourists who are looking for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. The community is known for its natural beauty, friendly locals, and rich history.
Attractions and Natural Wonders
Salmon Cove Bdv is home to several attractions and natural wonders that are worth visiting. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Salmon Cove Sands: This beautiful sandy beach is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking. It is also a great place to watch the sunset.
- Salmon Cove Bridge: This historic bridge was built in 1930 and is still in use today. It is a popular spot for taking photos and enjoying the scenic views of the surrounding area.
- Salmon Cove Head Lighthouse: This lighthouse was built in 1907 and is still in operation today. It is a popular spot for taking photos and enjoying the views of the ocean.
- Salmon Cove Heritage Park: This park is home to several historic buildings, including a schoolhouse, a church, and a general store. It is a great place to learn about the history of the community.
- Salmon Cove Pond: This small pond is a popular spot for fishing and boating. It is also a great place to relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings.
- Salmon Cove Beach Trail: This scenic trail follows the coastline and offers stunning views of the ocean and surrounding cliffs.
Festivals and Events
Salmon Cove Bdv is home to several festivals and events throughout the year. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Salmon Cove Sands Beach Festival: This festival takes place in July and features live music, food vendors, and beach games.
- Salmon Cove Heritage Day: This event takes place in August and celebrates the history and culture of the community. It includes a parade, live music, and traditional Newfoundland-Labrador food.
- Salmon Cove Christmas Craft Fair: This event takes place in December and features local artisans selling handmade crafts and gifts.
Salmon Cove Bdv was established in the early 1800s by John Babb, a fisherman from England. The community was originally known as Babb's Cove, but the name was changed to Salmon Cove in the late 1800s due to the abundance of salmon in the nearby river. The community was officially incorporated in 1964.
Salmon Cove Bdv is a hidden gem in Newfoundland-Labrador that is worth visiting. With its beautiful beaches, historic landmarks, and friendly locals, it is the perfect destination for a peaceful and relaxing vacation.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism. (n.d.). Salmon Cove. Retrieved from https://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/plan-and-book/attractions/210981
- Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage. (n.d.). Salmon Cove Heritage Park. Retrieved from https://www.heritage.nf.ca/articles/society/salmon-cove-heritage-park.php
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism. (n.d.). Salmon Cove Sands. Retrieved from https://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/plan-and-book/attractions/210982
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism. (n.d.). Salmon Cove Head Lighthouse. Retrieved from https://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/plan-and-book/attractions/210983
- Newfoundland and Labrador Tourism. (n.d.). Salmon Cove Beach Trail. Retrieved from https://www.newfoundlandlabrador.com/plan-and-book/hiking-and-walking-trails/210984
- Town of Salmon Cove. (n.d.). History. Retrieved from http://townofsalmoncove.ca/history/