Saint-Louis-de-Kent: A Hidden Gem in New Brunswick
Saint-Louis-de-Kent is a small community located in the Kent County of New Brunswick, Canada. This charming village is known for its natural beauty, rich history, and friendly locals. Whether you are looking for a peaceful getaway or an adventure-filled vacation, Saint-Louis-de-Kent has something to offer for everyone.
- Saint-Louis-de-Kent Church: This historic church was built in 1878 and is a must-visit attraction for history buffs and architecture enthusiasts.
- Kent Museum: The Kent Museum showcases the history and culture of the Kent County and is a great place to learn about the local heritage.
- Kouchibouguac National Park: This stunning national park is located just a short drive from Saint-Louis-de-Kent and offers a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, camping, and swimming.
- Bouctouche Dune: This natural wonder is the largest sand dune on the Atlantic coast and is a popular spot for hiking and birdwatching.
- Saint-Louis-de-Kent Grotto: This beautiful grotto is a peaceful place for reflection and prayer and is a popular spot for visitors and locals alike.
- Saint-Louis-de-Kent Bluegrass Festival: This annual festival is held in August and features live music, food, and fun for the whole family.
- Saint-Louis-de-Kent Agricultural Fair: This traditional fair is held in September and showcases the best of the local agriculture and crafts.
Saint-Louis-de-Kent was established in 1825 by Acadian settlers who were looking for a new home after being expelled from their homeland by the British. The community was named after Louis de Gonzague, a French saint who was known for his devotion to the poor and the sick.
The community was officially incorporated in 1966 and has since grown into a thriving village with a rich cultural heritage. Today, Saint-Louis-de-Kent is known for its friendly locals, beautiful scenery, and strong sense of community.
Saint-Louis-de-Kent is a hidden gem in New Brunswick that is well worth a visit. Whether you are interested in history, nature, or just want to relax and unwind, this charming village has something to offer for everyone. So why not plan your next vacation to Saint-Louis-de-Kent and discover the beauty and charm of this wonderful community?
- "Saint-Louis-de-Kent." Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 22 June 2021.
- "Kent Museum." Tourism New Brunswick, Government of New Brunswick.
- "Kouchibouguac National Park." Parks Canada.
- "Bouctouche Dune." Tourism New Brunswick, Government of New Brunswick.
- "Saint-Louis-de-Kent Grotto." Tourism New Brunswick, Government of New Brunswick.
- "Saint-Louis-de-Kent Bluegrass Festival." Tourism New Brunswick, Government of New Brunswick.
- "Saint-Louis-de-Kent Agricultural Fair." Tourism New Brunswick, Government of New Brunswick.